I think it's time to end my UPS career /rant

Re-Raise

Reraise,Your rather weak inclination in your response only reinforces why drivers like you live your life with BROWN BLINDFOLDS ON.Maybe if you offered any kind of intelligent afflatus on why this is such a good job???Only then would you convince me that PKG is anything but"EXECRABLE"!!!!

Then leave skippy.

Are you trying to impress me with the big words sandwiched between the wah wah?

Last edited:

Re-Raise

In due time.

Good .

Maybe the guy who has been loading my truck for 10 years waiting to go full-time will get a chance.

Surely someone with your impressive vocabulary will have no trouble finding a better job.

We will struggle along without you and entensity, never mind he was never at work anyway.

grgrcr88

No It's not green grocer!
Are you dumb? I haven't been to work since last Tuesday because I was with my girlfriend.

Let me put it in dummy terms.

T-O-D-A-Y I-S M-O-N-D-A-Y

I HAVE NOT BEEN TO WORK SINCE LAST TUESDAY. I TEXTED MY SUP TODAY (TODAY IS MONDAY) INFORMING HIM THAT I WOULD NOT BE AT WORK AGAIN TODAY (TODAY IS MONDAY)

So therefore I've been with my girlfriend (which I plan to marry this year) since TUESDAY NIGHT AT HOME WITH HER - NOT A WORK - I WOULD NOT GO TO WORK - CALLED IN TO BE WITH HER.

So I called in WED THRUS FRIDAY AND TODAY (TODAY IS MONDAY)

Captain obvious would have realize this from my original post, I wasn't aware of so many dum.. Oh wait this is a UPS forum. My fault.

Your original post was right on. You should quit UPS and go find a job as a rocket scientist, you obviously have the qualifications!!

entensity

Your original post was right on. You should quit UPS and go find a job as a rocket scientist, you obviously have the qualifications!!

Aw man did I forget a "d" on realize, mix up the "u" and "r" when I abbreviated thursday, and not completely spell out dumb*** My bad dude.

Not sure why you bolded "texted" though, Mr. Rocket Scientist

It isn't pronounced text - did.. You must work at UPS haha

grgrcr88

No It's not green grocer!
Aw man did I forget a "d" on realize, mix up the "u" and "r" when I abbreviated thursday, and not completely spell out dumb*** My bad dude.

Not sure why you bolded "texted" though, Mr. Rocket Scientist

It isn't pronounced text - did.. You must work at UPS haha

The proper past tense ot the word text, is TEXT, what are you 12? Good ridence, let me know when you stop saying things like LOL and IKR and start using big boy words. Maybe you should post from a smart phone that will spell for you!!!

entensity

The proper past tense ot the word text, is TEXT, what are you 12? Good ridence, let me know when you stop saying things like LOL and IKR and start using big boy words. Maybe you should post from a smart phone that will spell for you!!!

Might want to google that.. Since we're on a grammar debate, what language is "ridence"

And yes. I'm 12 years old and drive a UPS package car. Haha this guy.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
We all think we have the worst job in the world until we are faced with not having it, then reality sets in.

The jobs are pretty good compared to what most other people of similar skill and ability have.

Never look a gift horse in the mouth.

The job you hate may be the best one you ever have.

This type of pompous post belongs right up there with Tie Dragon Hoax, etc. As many UPS'ers out there who cannot spell their own name, there are drivers and others in operations who are overqualified.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
Apparently. I've worked less for a lot more.
Well if we are to believe one thing you posted, this is not one.

Not sure if the OP is real, but its refreshing to hear someone say the job is not impossible
Really? So instead of reality from hundreds, you would rather hear "I can run a 9.5 hour dispatch in 6 hours, then go home and work my real job"?

The mind set of management. How is a day that is delivered in 6 hours even possible to be a 9.5 dispatch? There is no reality to his or your statement. Either the poster is lying, or your numbers dont mean a thing.

So what we are left with is you admitting the numbers you place in front of the drivers are arbitrary, and not founded in reality, or you are pleased to hear what you want to hear, even though it is a lie? So which one are you interested in pursuing?

We all think we have the worst job in the world until we are faced with not having it, then reality sets in.

The jobs are pretty good compared to what most other people of similar skill and ability have.

No argument, this behavior is pretty much a common experience, not limited to UPS or just drivers.

Never look a gift horse in the mouth.

Gift is the wrong connotation for what we have/had as employees. We earned our job, nobody gave us the job, we earned it. And we earn our right to keep the job day in and day out. That also is not a gift. We are just as responsible for the well being of UPS as management.

The job you hate may be the best one you ever have.
As someone that has been through the termination process many times, both as a steward and once as an employee, losing your job is very tough.

Before the loss or threat of losing the job, we tend to get very accustomed to the income and the life style that comes with a good income. We tend to lose sight of what working pretty much as hard, but for a third of the wages represents.

In todays job market, there are opportunities, but not like there were years ago. So for someone with only a high school education, there are limited options, especially at the income the employee is used to. And even more limited once you apply for a job making 1/3 of what you were, and they find out you used to work at UPS. That sends up all sorts of red flags.

In my experience, even though an employee talks like they dont need the job, in every case I have represented, they are willing to do anything to get back the job they lost.

So with the exception of the gift part, you are dead on.

d