If you are rear ended, what method did u fail?

oldngray

nowhere special
I find it funny that alot of drivers these days look at any accident and try to find a way to blame the one not at fault. I even heard one say " If he had not taken lunch when he did, he would not have been there to get rear ended". Kinda pathetic in my opinion.

Its not the drivers. They were just repeating the excuses management uses to find an excuse to say an accident is avoidable.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
I think in most states it is the dog owner's responsibility to maintain control of their dog. Especially since a dog collision wouldn't cause a great deal of damage to the vehicle, I don't see management getting too upset.

I was going south down a two lane road earlier driving the speed limit of 45MPH earlier this year and had cars on my left going North. To my right on the sidewalk were pedestrians,and I had traffic behind me. A dog came from nowhere thru the traffic on my left and like a Kamikaze ran right infront of my truck. I had perhaps a second as he shot into the road to make my decision on how to react as he ran into my into my path. I braked to avoid hitting him but to no avail

If I had swerved left i'd have left my lane and hit traffic. Had i swerved right i'd have left my lane and hit Human pedestrians. Had I locked the truck down and slammed on brakes I'd have certainly been rear ended , suffered damage to the truck and there almost certainly would be a probability of human injury from being rear ended

I was charged with an Avoidable Accident in that I had Failed to Expect the Unexpected and asked several times" what if it had been a child" that had run into the street. I was never told what i did wrong,only that I was a Professional Driver and should have avoided the situation. Of course I am always seeking improvement so I asked How i could of prevented this situation and was told I should have slammed on the brakes as hard as i could to avoid hitting the dog.
My reply that this would have caused me to be rear ended at the least ,as well as a good chance that in swerving to avoid rear ended me the car behind me very well could have hit a pedestrian was answered with " UPS would not have been at fault " had this happened.

I was going south down a two lane road earlier driving the speed limit of 45MPH earlier this year and had cars on my left going North. To my right on the sidewalk were pedestrians,and I had traffic behind me. A dog came from nowhere thru the traffic on my left and like a Kamikaze ran right infront of my truck. I had perhaps a second as he shot into the road to make my decision on how to react as he ran into my into my path. I braked to avoid hitting him but to no avail

If I had swerved left i'd have left my lane and hit traffic. Had i swerved right i'd have left my lane and hit Human pedestrians. Had I locked the truck down and slammed on brakes I'd have certainly been rear ended , suffered damage to the truck and there almost certainly would be a probability of human injury from being rear ended

I was charged with an Avoidable Accident in that I had Failed to Expect the Unexpected and asked several times" what if it had been a child" that had run into the street. I was never told what i did wrong,only that I was a Professional Driver and should have avoided the situation. Of course I am always seeking improvement so I asked How i could of prevented this situation and was told I should have slammed on the brakes as hard as i could to avoid hitting the dog.
My reply that this would have caused me to be rear ended at the least ,as well as a good chance that in swerving to avoid rear ended me the car behind me very well could have hit a pedestrian was answered with " UPS would not have been at fault " had this happened.
You should have called off,the only way to avoid It. What a pile of crap!

joeboodog

good people drink good beer

When people say what a wonderful company UPS is, I site examples such as this post and the driver being at fault for a hit while parked because they didn't tuck in their mirror. The only way I deal with this nonsense is resign myself to the fact that it will always be my fault.