If you were an owner/operator?

bubsdad

"Hang in there!"
I just want a bypass so that the IVIS won't record my idling time and sleep with the A/C running during the hot and humid Florida nights...Some guys have said if you unplug the wiring harness underneath the dash that connects to our computer it won't record the idling....but I'm wondering if you do it all the time, it might catch up to you....any experts on this ?
Yeah, it works. You can also unplug it at the beginning of your day. It will record all of your info but nothing about your idle/drive time. Just show 0's for the day.

JimJimmyJames

Big Time Feeder Driver
So, what happens in a traffic jam??? Do you have to restart the truck every 5 minutes??? Lol.

I have a button on the dash of my Mack I push when the shutdown warning comes on. In an especially narly jam you may have to press it several times.

Of course your idle time for that day will be horrendous.

NHDRVR

Good question,
A/C is not practical but I would have a good sized fan mounted up high. A better than average heating system if I could swing it and a hardwired, in dash, radio. I think these things should be standard already...

As far as perks go I would want a top of the line seat that can actually be adjusted (unlike the old 800's) and a thicker steering wheel. The old thin plastic ones slip in your hands in the summer. A low passenger-side 1st step and low hand rails. Lastly, a rear flor that slopes ever-so-slightly to the back to run the water out. I have seen this in another delivery truck and I thought UPS would do well with it.