Injured driver, returning to work soon

Johney

I went to the doctor on a saturday morning with really bad back pain. had been workin preload for two weeks before and drove on that friday before with back pain. let my sup know that following sunday after returning from emergency room. told them it should be workers comp since i had prior injury in same area in 2005/06 l5/s1 disc herniation. liberty mutual has not told me whether the are picking up or not. i have an attorney. think i hurt on preload. could not walk on 10/22/2011, but better now. am still out with no pay, and my liberty mutual lady wont return my calls. Going to physical therapy and going to see a pain mngt. doctor on 12/8/2011. why would they pay my bills and not pay me? no pay since i have been out
I'm lost, you say liberty Mutual has not told you whether they are picking up or not, then you say they are paying your bills. Who is paying the bills?

barnyard

KTM rider
I was told that our district is experimenting with work hardening on a case by case basis. I am not aware of anyone that has used it, but have been told that I might be a candidate. I was hurt on the job though, which is different from the OP. I am trying to stay in shape by walking 1.5-3 hours a day. I try to keep up a good pace and use a route that has lots of hills. My goal is to weigh less when I come back to work than when I left.

menotyou

bella amicizia
Liberty Mutual/UPS Albany was a big proponent of work hardening. It works. I would start at 2 hours, work up to 4 hours a day 5 days a week. In between using the treadmill and machines, I would carry boxes with different weights inside down/up the stairs(on the second floor)-on a handcart-and walking various distances depending on the weight. If the secretaries needed a box carried, I would do it.
Liberty/UPS bought me a membership to the Y, while I am waiting for surgery. My case manager has always fought these in court, but actually asked me if I wanted one. I have proven myself to him. He knows I am not 'working the system'. I go 4-5 days week. I am in better shape now, then when I was 20. I have a 2 pak!!!!! I can almost see the next 2. Almost a 4-pak!! I've never had abs. I wasn't fat, just never defined.
Work hardening isn't for everyone. It all depends on the injury. Back injuries should be mandatory.

milb

Respected Member
They have given me a claim number for the doctors and thats what i have been giving the doctors. They have not complained about the bills not being paid so i am just assuming that they are being paid.

but in the meantime i have not recieved any compensation, and now i have a new doctors appt. with a pain mngt. doctor. tried to call my claims rep two times yesterday and just got her voicemail. she wont call me back. what should i do about this?

milb

Respected Member
Thanks for replying barnyard. My lawyer said he can't do anything until liberty approves or denies claim then he can step in. He has all my info and i have also filed claim with state ahead of time but all of this has to wait until liberty responds. It has been almost a month. I'm still going to doctors appts and they have not said anything to me so i am assuming they are getting paid. Would they pay if they didn't approve the claim?