Integrad

McGee

In case anyone is wondering what happens there here it is:

Day 1 - Test ( 5 Seeing Habits, 10 point Commentary) In class presentations and videos all day

Day 2 - (Same as Day 3)
Day 3 - Test ( 5 Seeing Habits, 10 Point Commentary) Half the class goes out on the road doing 'driver drills' and the other half stays and works on the computer , then in the afternoon
you switch off...
Day 4- Test (Yep, again lol), then the ol' switcheroo again half the class stays and finishes computer work and half on the road...

Day 5- Final Exam - Then a couple more presentations, then you find out if you pass or fail...

THANK GOODNESS ITS ALL OVER!

I am glad to say that I PASSED!! NOW I can drive ( when needed) lol.

Overpaid Union Thug

In case anyone is wondering what happens there here it is:

Day 1 - Test ( 5 Seeing Habits, 10 point Commentary) In class presentations and videos all day

Day 2 - (Same as Day 3)
Day 3 - Test ( 5 Seeing Habits, 10 Point Commentary) Half the class goes out on the road doing 'driver drills' and the other half stays and works on the computer , then in the afternoon
you switch off...
Day 4- Test (Yep, again lol), then the ol' switcheroo again half the class stays and finishes computer work and half on the road...

Day 5- Final Exam - Then a couple more presentations, then you find out if you pass or fail...

THANK GOODNESS ITS ALL OVER!

I am glad to say that I PASSED!! NOW I can drive ( when needed) lol.
All of that could have been done at each driver's center at a fraction of the price. But UPS's money wasting habits aside...... congratulations!

upschuck

I don't even think they had most of that memorization stuff when I went to school. Just driving and practicing doing deliveries.

McGee

They've been training all of our drivers in house lately instead of trying to jam them into Integrad.
Oh btw it was done about an hour away from my center, not Chicago like I had heard we were going to earlier... so it was still local in a sense.

Bagels

Family Leave Fridays!!!
Oh btw it was done about an hour away from my center, not Chicago like I had heard we were going to earlier... so it was still local in a sense.

Then it wasn't integrad; integrads are UPS's make shift interactive community... there's only a few in the country.

But congratulations -- seems like it wasn't that long ago that you were on here just starting out at UPS asking how long before you could drive. Or maybe I'm getting old.

Bagels

Family Leave Fridays!!!
It was since that's what they (hr) called it...lol...and as long as that's good for them then i'm good!

If your HR manager is named LaTonya, Sheroma, Royalty or something like that... that will explain it.
But still not inegrad.

542thruNthru

Did they have you put on a harness and walk across different degrees of slippery floors? If not than I have to agree it wasn't integrad. But hey who care you passed and that's all that matters! Congrats barney!

McGee

Did they have you put on a harness and walk across different degrees of slippery floors? If not than I have to agree it wasn't integrad. But hey who care you passed and that's all that matters! Congrats barney!
No harness... already hopefully still have that down (knock on wood )...
I do see what you mean though. I remember reading a story about it in a magazine awhile back and the pic was of a new guy in the harness with 'box' trying to walk on a slippery floor.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
No harness... already hopefully still have that down (knock on wood )...
I do see what you mean though. I remember reading a story about it in a magazine awhile back and the pic was of a new guy in the harness with 'box' trying to walk on a slippery floor.
Was the new guy named @root ??