Integrad

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by barney, Jun 21, 2015.

1. McGee

McGee Well-Known Member

In case anyone is wondering what happens there here it is:

Day 1 - Test ( 5 Seeing Habits, 10 point Commentary) In class presentations and videos all day

Day 2 - (Same as Day 3)
    Day 3 - Test ( 5 Seeing Habits, 10 Point Commentary) Half the class goes out on the road doing 'driver drills' and the other half stays and works on the computer , then in the afternoon
    you switch off...
    Day 4- Test (Yep, again lol), then the ol' switcheroo again half the class stays and finishes computer work and half on the road...

Day 5- Final Exam - Then a couple more presentations, then you find out if you pass or fail...

THANK GOODNESS ITS ALL OVER!

I am glad to say that I PASSED!! NOW I can drive ( when needed) lol.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  2. upschuck

upschuck Avatar bet gone wrong

Congrats barney, now go make us proud.

3. Overpaid Union Thug

Overpaid Union Thug Well-Known Member

All of that could have been done at each driver's center at a fraction of the price. But UPS's money wasting habits aside...... congratulations!

4. Cementups

Cementups Box Monkey

They've been training all of our drivers in house lately instead of trying to jam them into Integrad.

5. Overpaid Union Thug

Overpaid Union Thug Well-Known Member

We've never trained in house. It should be done but probably never will. In house for us is being sent to a nearby hub.

6. McGee

McGee Well-Known Member

Thanks Chuck and Overpaid Union Thug ! I will do my best!

7. upschuck

upschuck Avatar bet gone wrong

I don't even think they had most of that memorization stuff when I went to school. Just driving and practicing doing deliveries.

8. McGee

McGee Well-Known Member

Oh btw it was done about an hour away from my center, not Chicago like I had heard we were going to earlier... so it was still local in a sense.

9. McGee

McGee Well-Known Member

OOPS thats what we did.

10. Bagels

Bagels Family Leave Fridays!!!

Then it wasn't integrad; integrads are UPS's make shift interactive community... there's only a few in the country.

But congratulations -- seems like it wasn't that long ago that you were on here just starting out at UPS asking how long before you could drive. Or maybe I'm getting old.

11. McGee

McGee Well-Known Member

It was since that's what they (hr) called it...lol...and as long as that's good for them then i'm good!

12. Bagels

Bagels Family Leave Fridays!!!

If your HR manager is named LaTonya, Sheroma, Royalty or something like that... that will explain it.
    But still not inegrad.

13. McGee

McGee Well-Known Member

LOL, Nowhere near close....

14. 542thruNthru

542thruNthru Well-Known Member

Did they have you put on a harness and walk across different degrees of slippery floors? If not than I have to agree it wasn't integrad. But hey who care you passed and that's all that matters! Congrats barney!

15. Number24

Number24 #24

Thanks for the info.

16. oldngray

oldngray nowhere special

Almost no driving done in a week of supposedly learning how to be a delivery driver. Makes sense to me.

17. livin the dream

livin the dream Active Member

yea for a forty hour class you'd think they would've trained me how to actually do the job

18. McGee

McGee Well-Known Member

No harness... already hopefully still have that down (knock on wood )...
    I do see what you mean though. I remember reading a story about it in a magazine awhile back and the pic was of a new guy in the harness with 'box' trying to walk on a slippery floor.

19. bleedinbrown58

bleedinbrown58 ahhh....the mouth breathers

Was the new guy named @root ??