Interview with Fedex National LTL

goose1uponu

Tomorrow I have an Interview with Fedex National LTL, for the position of Dock Worker. The phone interviewer said they will be giving me a test with a pallet with boxes on it, said it will also be shrink wrapped. I am suppose to use a calculator to figure out how many boxes are on the pallet. Is there a trick to this? Is there anything else I should know about the interview? Thanks, Goose!

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Number of boxes per row times the number of rows equals number of boxes on pallet (provided there are an equal number of boxes on every row). You should not need a calculator for this.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Rectangular prism is:

A solid (3-dimensional) object which has six faces that are rectangles.

It is a prism because it has the same cross-section along a length.

Volume of a rectangular prism:

V = L * W * H

L
et's suppose you have a rectangle which is 6' x 3' x 3'

The volume would be 54 cubic feet.

OK, how does this relate to the number of boxes on a pallet?

bbsam

Staff member
Rectangular prism is:

A solid (3-dimensional) object which has six faces that are rectangles.

It is a prism because it has the same cross-section along a length.

Volume of a rectangular prism:

V = L * W * H

Let's suppose you have a rectangle which is 6' x 3' x 3'

The volume would be 54 cubic feet.

OK, how does this relate to the number of boxes on a pallet?
Applied math. Let's say pallet has 6 boxes in a row, 3 boxes wide and are stacked 3 high. You have essentially a rectangular prism that would hold 54 boxes.

goose1uponu

Thanks for the help guys. It was much easier that I imagined. Now, does anyone have any tricks on actually getting the job. The HR person said she had to do interveiws for the reast of last week and that she would let me know. Sounds like a typical interview answer.

chuck

How ***** dumb are you. Good thing you are going to Fedex cause UPS sure wouldn't want you

Last edited by a moderator:

tworavens

JuniorMember for 24 Years
***Good thing you are going to Fedex cause UPS sure wouldn't want you

Nice job for a first post - establish yourself as a tool right from the get-go. Now you've go nowhere to go but up!

Last edited by a moderator: