iPhone 5 Friday!

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by poophappens, Sep 20, 2012.

1. poophappens

poophappens Member

Just had a supervisor call me on my vacation to see if I wanted to come in on Friday... Ummm no lol!
  2. kingOFchester

kingOFchester Well-Known Member

Top senior guys are either off or 8 hour request....... I think they need to start reading the seniority list from bottom up.
  3. lifeupser3

lifeupser3 New Member

Yeah in my bldg it is going to be a rough staffing day. I know on my preload I am going to be short several loaders. It will be an interesting day. At least we don't have all of the volume like last time. FedEx took the Verizon deliveries.
  4. Cementups

Cementups Box Monkey

Just another day of being paid by the hour.
  5. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

I was sick today but toughed one out. If I feel the same tomorrow morning I will be calling off.
  6. bumped

bumped Well-Known Member

We really need you.

We'll lighten you up today(lol).
  7. Anonymous 10

Anonymous 10 Guest

I'm going and will take it like a man. I'm sick also but I rarely if ever call off.
  8. upschick95

upschick95 Member

I word all the other Iphone days, might as well work and get PAID for this one too :) Heard today that some of them will have NO signature required............... what a joke. NO way I'm D.R.ing that
  9. Brownslave688

Me too and I'm feeling better right now. Been chugging orange juice all day. I Know they need all they can get tomorrow I'll just be happy if I don't have the part of town all the college kids live in on my route. Lol
  10. iruhnman630

iruhnman630 Active Member

Heard that one the first week of the year (stomach flu---my Rose Bowl halftime entertainment was the toilet bowl spectacular)....they promised me an easy day....despite almost no sleep, two days of nothing but Rice Krispies, and heartburn so bad I was doubling over in pain and barely able to speak, the 'easy' day was a 9-hr rural route (ie little bathroom access) with a post office bulk stop nearly 30 minutes away...easily a 10.5 dispatch. Needless to say that won't happen again.
  11. upsman68

upsman68 Active Member

I'm DRing them if its a safe location. Customers are expecting them so they will probably be home. Don't be a wuss
  12. Jackburton

Jackburton Gone Fish'n

Follow your local management teams instructions if you value your career with that kind of attitude. Only DR per instructions on the handout, otherwise you risk discipline.
  13. Jackburton

Jackburton Gone Fish'n

Hope you guys noticed on the handout that we will be redelivering any Iphones directly from Apple on Saturday as well.
  14. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

Our first batch of iPhones came in yesterday---they all went to Best Buy. They are projecting 25-40 residential stops for our entire center with more going to retail stores. I hope that if I have any that the consignees will have downloaded, filled out and taped the e-release to the door. I know that our center will micromanage us on this release as they did on previous releases.
  15. upsman2940

upsman2940 New Member

Mine is coming FedEx from AT&T! Are we only delivering sprint and apple?
  16. brownmonster

brownmonster Man of Great Wisdom

My boss just called and said we are breaking an area, would you like to be on call. Apparently not that many here.
  17. Brownslave688

I was super lucky had 5 I phones all going to the same house would of been a half hour air pull one way. Air driver took them actually looking like a pretty nice little Friday.
  18. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

I had a grand total of zero. Our center had 10.
  19. Anonymous 10

Anonymous 10 Guest

I had two today and 65 stops total. It was a real mother*ucker.
  20. barnyard

barnyard KTM rider Staff Member

I had 3. 2 were to the same address.