Is Doing Ups Delivery Driving Worth The Money ?

Grey

I'm a Ft cover I guaranteed 8 hrs a day like any other driver I just don't have my own route. I cover some weeks I do a different route each day other I do the same route all week.

Right but if you're doing a different route each day how are you guaranteed a "better" route than the next guy?

UPSGUY72

Right but if you're doing a different route each day how are you guaranteed a "better" route than the next guy?

There are 60 routes in my center I know about over 25. Some suck and other don't I rarely get a route that sucks. I could have bid and won a route that sucks I choose not to. The lower seniority cover drives and casuals get the routes that suck because they know if they give to me there are going her me bitch and complain in a not so nice way....

Whatbrownwontdoforyou

There are 60 routes in my center I know about over 25. Some suck and other don't I rarely get a route that sucks. I could have bid and won a route that sucks I choose not to. The lower seniority cover drives and casuals get the routes that suck because they know if they give to me there are going her me bitch and complain in a not so nice way....
Now I understand why you don't care about skipping lunch........you don't have a route.......that's why your not concerned about them increasing work........how do the guys who's routes you cover feel about you skipping lunch on there routes

UPSGUY72

Now I understand why you don't care about skipping lunch........you don't have a route.......that's why your not concerned about them increasing work........how do the guys who's routes you cover feel about you skipping lunch on there routes

Most of them do it also. You don't get it. They don't add more work to the routes because you don't put a lunch in your board. Routes aren't dispatched based on what time you returned the building the previous day. There dispatched by stops per car and projected hours it going to take to do the route. Orion tells them how long and how many miles it will take to do a route based on the stops on the route. The dispatch manger can't change those numbers they are what they are add stops to your route will just make those number go up...

baklava

I don’t work at UPS anymore.
If a driver maxed out at 60 hrs a week for the whole year, which no center would ever allow, that would amount to about $125,000. Then add tons of grievances and you're still not getting to $150K.

What is this guy doing exactly? Sorry, but it doesn't sound feasible.

I know a handful of drivers that max out every week, only exceptions being vacations and sick calls.