is fed ex similar to ups?

newbie101

Im going to the observation next week at fedex for a package handler position. I was wondering if the positions is similar to ups like u can become a part time supervisor after a while being there from what i heard. i think ups is better than fedex wit the whole benefits and tuition package etc....does fedex do the same??? can u become a part time supervisor?? i am a college student also so if they had a tuiton package that would be great.... thanks i appreciate the answers

quadro

Im going to the observation next week at fedex for a package handler position. I was wondering if the positions is similar to ups like u can become a part time supervisor after a while being there from what i heard. i think ups is better than fedex wit the whole benefits and tuition package etc....does fedex do the same??? can u become a part time supervisor?? i am a college student also so if they had a tuiton package that would be great.... thanks i appreciate the answers
As far as I know FedEx does not have part-time supervisors. They do have tuition refund. Not sure how it compares to UPS's.

FedEx pays its part-time employees the same as full-timers doing the same job. I don't believe UPS does. UPS's overall benefit package is probably better than FedEx's but I believe you are eligible for benefits at FedEx before you are at UPS.

Both companies have pros and cons. If you have a job offer at FedEx but not at UPS it doesn't really matter what the differences are as whatever UPS has isn't available to you at this time.

Mr Fedex

Banned
Fedex is nothing like UPS at all.The workers there are all wannabe UPS employees who make minimum wage and come on here and complain about how they wish they worked at UPS lol.

grgrcr88

No It's not green grocer!
No, FedEx delivers all their packages with airplanes and you have to be a pilot to work there!! UPS uses trucks and truck drivers. Not even close to the same!!!

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
No, FedEx delivers all their packages with airplanes and you have to be a pilot to work there!! UPS uses trucks and truck drivers. Not even close to the same!!!

Exactly. The 2 companies are "nothing" alike. Never mind the fact that Fred S has copied nearly every UPS operational policy and procedure over the years.

probellringer

its the same job...but ups starts later---and finishes later....ups top pay is reached in 3yrs....at fedex -----you cant reach top pay...ask anyone...a fedex driver must work about 10 yrs -yes 10 yrs to get to $20 an hour....are you kidding me!!!!!!!....be smart fill out the application tonight