is fed ex similar to ups?

Discussion in 'FedEx Discussions' started by newbie101, Sep 12, 2010.

1. newbie101

newbie101 New Member

Im going to the observation next week at fedex for a package handler position. I was wondering if the positions is similar to ups like u can become a part time supervisor after a while being there from what i heard. i think ups is better than fedex wit the whole benefits and tuition package etc....does fedex do the same??? can u become a part time supervisor?? i am a college student also so if they had a tuiton package that would be great.... thanks i appreciate the answers

2. quadro

quadro New Member

As far as I know FedEx does not have part-time supervisors. They do have tuition refund. Not sure how it compares to UPS's.

FedEx pays its part-time employees the same as full-timers doing the same job. I don't believe UPS does. UPS's overall benefit package is probably better than FedEx's but I believe you are eligible for benefits at FedEx before you are at UPS.

Both companies have pros and cons. If you have a job offer at FedEx but not at UPS it doesn't really matter what the differences are as whatever UPS has isn't available to you at this time.

3. starglacier

starglacier Member

No they drivers get paid more than we do! which they do earn!

4. Mr Fedex

Mr Fedex Banned

Fedex is nothing like UPS at all.The workers there are all wannabe UPS employees who make minimum wage and come on here and complain about how they wish they worked at UPS lol.

5. LTFedExer

LTFedExer New Member

Good lord.......at least our PT handlers make more than 8.50/hr.

6. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

Do you even read what you type before posting it? Idiot.

7. MrFedEx

MrFedEx Engorged Member

How come you get to call people "idiots" and when I do it, the mods warn me? :wink2:

8. UpstateNYUPSer

Seniority?

9. Mr Fedex

Mr Fedex Banned

Any time i want to make a Fedex driver cry,I just show them my paycheck :)

10. vantexan

vantexan Well-Known Member

And every time I use the john, I look down and say "and what can Brown do for you?":rofl:

11. grgrcr88

grgrcr88 No It's not green grocer!

No, FedEx delivers all their packages with airplanes and you have to be a pilot to work there!! UPS uses trucks and truck drivers. Not even close to the same!!!

12. Mr Fedex

Mr Fedex Banned

FedEx is a knockoff of UPS.

13. MrFedEx

MrFedEx Engorged Member

Exactly. The 2 companies are "nothing" alike. Never mind the fact that Fred Smith has copied nearly every UPS operational policy and procedure over the years.

14. UpstateNYUPSer

Please tell me you are not a shop steward.

15. MrFedEx

MrFedEx Engorged Member

In many ways, he's actually correct. There is a lot of UPS in FedEx.

16. UpstateNYUPSer

I'm thinking if we discourage him he may go away.

17. UPSBluRdg03

UPSBluRdg03 New Member

Chicks dig the browns brotha! Id rather wear the turd browns anyday over the clown suit they got yall in.

18. vantexan

A lot of downs too.

19. vantexan

No argument here, just tweeking your brotha from another motha.:peaceful:

20. probellringer

probellringer Member

its the same job...but ups starts later---and finishes later....ups top pay is reached in 3yrs....at fedex -----you cant reach top pay...ask anyone...a fedex driver must work about 10 yrs -yes 10 yrs to get to $20 an hour....are you kidding me!!!!!!!....be smart fill out the application tonight