Is FedEx Scrambling for ideas?

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Not really. Think of how much money they spent on contingency last year. Oh, they don’t post the number. That’s far too embarrassing. But it’s nothing compared to what they’ll save in slashing Express to the bone. Lots of money to go around.
Every dollar cut goes straight to the bottom line. There are people who say that service will suffer, and it surely will in some instances here and there. But losing 20 cents in revenue while saving a buck in revenue is not a bad trade.

59 Dano

Ok. So we’re in agreement that the thing you said would ever happen is now happening? That Ground would never take significant parts of Express? Good.

Now why is it that you believe Ground may do so I. Rural areas but not in urban? Why would they not be able to scale up in those cases?

Where are you getting your info that MN is failing badly? I haven’t seen anyone from that area posting on any site.
That's his justification for how this can never work in any capacity. He knows it's not true.

MAKAVELI

Every dollar cut goes straight to the bottom line. There are people who say that service will suffer, and it surely will in some instances here and there. But losing 20 cents in revenue while saving a buck in revenue is not a bad trade.
Great way to run a business that sells nothing but service. You're a foooking 🤡.

vantexan

Tell me how a company makes money while losing customers? I suppose you don’t think that’ll never happen.
I suspect a lot of FedEx future business will be handling bulk shipments from manufacturers to Amazon warehouses. Whether flying it in directly from China and elsewhere or picking it up at port warehouses. Probably already happening.

MassWineGuy

Tell me how they keep customers by losing money? You seem to think it makes sense.

Dano, I’d be at least reasonably more wealthy if I had a dime for every customer I’ve encountered who was dissatisfied and angry with how Express screwed up their shipments and wouldn’t use them again.

59 Dano

Dano, I’d be at least reasonably more wealthy if I had a dime for every customer I’ve encountered who was dissatisfied and angry with how Express screwed up their shipments and wouldn’t use them again.
Yah I'm surprised any customers are left.