Is it true?

DOK

Is it true that the 25% 22.4 cap that limited the Saturday routes to 25% (plus any forced 6 punch) is gone? Does that mean contractually a 100route center could have 50 m-friend and 50 t-s?

I think it would depend on the business/resi split of the area but most centers are running the 25% now, and I’d wager any m-friend bid routes that get cut will be made t-a also. Why layoff someone Monday and give someone 1.5x for 6th punch Saturday if you can make the route t-s
If there’s a financial incentive for ups you bet they’ll increase Saturday routes

JustDeliverIt

Sorry for loving my family

I don’t love my family because I work 5 days a week? Piss off. If you don’t want to work FT hours don’t take a FT job. Leave it for someone who will.

If you want to negotiate for a 40 hr work week be my guest, I would support it for anyone who wants it. But you knew what the job was going in and then bitch you don’t want to work. Stay PT or find something else that fits your life. But don’t take a FT job and then work 3 days a week.

JustDeliverIt

Yeah I don’t see where it says they have to offer a bid route m-friend. You are entitled to bid either but it dosnt say they have to offer the same number of routes as pre 2019 drivers. Here that would let you bid “cover” or take a t-s bid route

They can’t force pre 8-1-19 RPCD’s to bid Saturday, which means they have to have enough spots (either bid routes or cover spots) to account for the centers drivers who all under that circumstance.

some1else

Banned
They can’t force pre 8-1-19 RPCD’s to bid Saturday, which means they have to have enough spots (either bid routes or cover spots) to account for the centers drivers who all under that circumstance.
Exactly. So contractually under this language there can be alotnof senior drivers that must choose between keeping their route and working Saturday or keeping their schedule and being a cover driver. That ain’t historic

JustDeliverIt

Exactly. So contractually under this language there can be alotnof senior drivers that must choose between keeping their route and working Saturday or keeping their schedule and being a cover driver. That ain’t historic

I take it as they have to provide Mon-Fri work for all RPCD’s that fall into this. It will be up to them to demand their contractual hours and they cannot be forced to work a Saturday.

ManInBrown

Not for me. I think my route will be moved to tue to sat and I’m not worried. Would be a relief to know anytime someone says “when can you take an appointment?” I can say Monday. Doing stuff on Saturday or Sunday can be really difficult. But people that have kids in school or daycare it could be really expensive for them to cover Saturday
Buddy who is still in package went T-S just for this reason. Any Dr appts or anything else important Monday good day to have off. In feeders other than the loss of a days pay if you have no sick days, they couldn’t care less if you call out. Not saying you won’t be in office at some point in the year if you miss a bunch of days but the bright side is warning letters come in very handy if you run low on toilet paper.

some1else

Banned
Buddy who is still in package went T-S just for this reason. Any Dr appts or anything else important Monday good day to have off. In feeders other than the loss of a days pay if you have no sick days, they couldn’t care less if you call out. Not saying you won’t be in office at some point in the year if you miss a bunch of days but the bright side is warning letters come in very handy if you run low on toilet paper.
It makes sense for some situations but if the kids are in school Monday and your paying babysitter or daycare Saturday that dosnt work for those guys.

Sixth Punch Sense

Can a cover driver who is m-friday bid on a tues-saturday route?
Yes.

The language is clear.

Statement 1 no pre 2019 drivers shall be forced to work Tuesday-Saturday but can if the chose to

Statement 2 all post 2019 drivers will have a Tuesday-Saturday week until staffing is full then bumped up based on seniority

Statement 3 contradicts statement 1. If there is not enough post 2019 employees to cover Saturday operations than based on seniority some pre 2019 drivers will be forced on a Tuesday-Saturday work week.

BlackCat

Yes.

The language is clear.

Statement 1 no pre 2019 drivers shall be forced to work Tuesday-Saturday but can if the chose to

Statement 2 all post 2019 drivers will have a Tuesday-Saturday week until staffing is full then bumped up based on seniority

Statement 3 contradicts statement 1. If there is not enough post 2019 employees to cover Saturday operations than based on seniority some pre 2019 drivers will be forced on a Tuesday-Saturday work week.
I am just curious if the cover driver timed it so, they could get a 3 day weekend.

Inevitably they are going to have to face a 1 day weekend, but a lot of them already were.

Week 1… bid monday-friday
week 2 bid tuesday-saturday

What'dyabringmetoday???

Yes.

The language is clear.

Actually, there's some gray areas with the article...

JustDeliverIt

Yes.

The language is clear.

Actually, your 3rd statement is incorrect. All existing 22.4’s will convert to RPCD’s and maintain a T-S schedule. If there are not enough 22.4’s to convert and maintain proper staffing, then current RPCD’s that have a post 8-1-19 seniority date will fill in remaining spots. If they still don’t have enough post 8-1-19 drivers then they must meet with local.

Should never have to be forced to work Saturdays unless you bid it with a FT seniority date before 8-1-19.

some1else

Banned
Actually, your 3rd statement is incorrect. All existing 22.4’s will convert to RPCD’s and maintain a T-S schedule. If there are not enough 22.4’s to convert and maintain proper staffing, then current RPCD’s that have a post 8-1-19 seniority date will fill in remaining spots. If they still don’t have enough post 8-1-19 drivers then they must meet with local.

Should never have to be forced to work Saturdays unless you bid it with a FT seniority date before 8-1-19.
Meet with the local and do what?

Ups: Hey local union we can’t staff saturday
Union: Ok guys good to know.

They don’t need to put language into the contract saying they can tell the union that they are short staffed obviously.

Dragon

Package Center Manager
@Dragon , let’s hear it from a center manager. What’s the game plan? Your little on road supes are going to actually have to use their brains a little soon 😂

😎✊
Well, some of you will be Monday-Friday and some of you will be Tuesday-Saturday..but at least you are a RPCD!

Not sure what people thought was going to happen with the work schedule.