Is there any happiness with a job at UPS?

Michael Scott

I spent my first two peak seasons in a 5 speed manual, driving up nasty hills in northern California. Every time I stopped on a hill and saw a car pull up right on my ass I wanted to cry. One time I saw this idiot stop about two inches from my bumper on a very steep hill. I shut the truck off, got out and had to tell him to back up or I would roll over his car.

Anyway, I can’t imagine driving a manual without power steering. I’m too soft, I’d quit.
The trick to this situation “if the ebrake actually works”, Is to leave the ebrake engaged until after youre moving.

Drink Craft Beer

Just like many of the grocery stores are putting in more self checkout Lanes and less cashiers
You'd be surprised how many people I read about in my local paper at Walmart who think they can go through, not scan like $180.00 worth of merchandise and get away with it. Or use a .99 item and scan it multiple times for high valued items.

It's pretty dumb to think a company would implement such a system, but it'd be easy to get away with theft.

You'd be surprised how many people I read about in my local paper at Walmart who think they can go through, not scan like $180.00 worth of merchandise and get away with it. Or use a .99 item and scan it multiple times for high valued items.

It's pretty dumb to think a company would implement such a system, but it'd be easy to get away with theft.
What's even crazier they have to have somebody to watch the self checkout

Sissy Brown Short Shorts

You tell me is it right to have a workplace with no clean water to drink no air conditioning and no ice. Where the restrooms look worse than a third world country, no soap and the hand dryers never work. Where you get treated like the problem for pointing out these issues.

Is it the work itself or the working conditions and the way we are treated?

But at least we’re not at Amazon!
Become a driver and you won’t have to spend more than ten minutes in your building and the world is yours when it comes to the plethora of restrooms you can take your holy dump in.

Sissy Brown Short Shorts

Oh, the issue is they have understaffed their operation purposely and are ruining peoples health and lives going on close to five years of forcing six days. and most of the people forced were supposed to have their hours reduced. seems like a legitimate complaint to me.
It’s amazing the differences in areas. They are begging us to stay home. I went the last two peaks without working a Saturday. All the covers and 22.4s are laid off, they haven’t worked in months. They are firing guys left and right trying to lighten up the workforce. I haven’t gotten more than 30 minutes of overtime in years.

Sacrificial Lamb

Package Shepherd
IMG_9145.jpeg

I am happy. Tired mostly, but happy. Happiness is found within.

Serf

I want to jump ship from Express to UPS. I’d actually like to take a year or so as a handler also. FedEx is sinking quick. If I don’t make a break now, I’ll be stuck.