moreluck

golden ticket member
Here's to me, and here's to you,
And here's to love and laughter-
I'll be true as long as you,
And not one moment after.

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
I sat within a valley greenI sat me with my true loveMy sad heart strove to choose betweenThe old love and the new loveThe old for her, the new that madeMe think on Ireland dearlyWhile soft the wind blew down the gladeAnd shook the golden barleyTwas hard the woeful words to frameTo break the ties that bound usBut harder still to bear the shameOf foreign chains around usAnd so I said, "The mountain glenI'll seek at morning earlyAnd join the bold United MenWhile soft winds shake the barley"While sad I kissed away her tearsMy fond arms 'round her flingingThe foeman's shot burst on our earsFrom out the wildwood ringingA bullet pierced my true love's sideIn life's young spring so earlyAnd on my breast in blood she diedWhile soft winds shook the barleyI bore her to some mountain streamAnd many's the summer blossomI placed with branches soft and greenAbout her gore-stained bosomI wept and kissed her clay-cold corpseThen rushed o'er vale and valleyMy vengeance on the foe to wreakWhile soft winds shook the barleyBut blood for blood without remorseI've taken at Oulart HollowAnd laid my trI sat within a valley greenI sat me with my true loveMy sad heart strove to choose betweenThe old love and the new loveThe old for her, the new that madeMe think on Ireland dearlyWhile soft the wind blew down the gladeAnd shook the golden barleyTwas hard the woeful words to frameTo break the ties that bound usBut harder still to bear the shameOf foreign chains around usAnd so I said, "The mountain glenI'll seek at morning earlyAnd join the bold United MenWhile soft winds shake the barley"While sad I kissed away her tearsMy fond arms 'round her flingingThe foeman's shot burst on our earsFrom out the wildwood ringingA bullet pierced my true love's sideIn life's young spring so earlyAnd on my breast in blood she diedWhile soft winds shook the barleyI bore her to some mountain streamAnd many's the summer blossomI placed with branches soft and greenAbout her gore-stained bosomI wept and kissed her clay-cold corpseThen rushed o'er vale and valleyMy vengeance on the foe to wreakWhile soft winds shook the barleyBut blood for blood without remorseI've taken at Oulart HollowAnd laid my true love's clay-cold corpseWhere I full soon may followAs 'round her grave I wander drearNoon, night and morning earlyWith breaking heart when e'er I hearThe wind that shakes the barleyue love's clay-cold corpseWhere I full soon may followAs 'round her grave I wander drearNoon, night and morning earlyWith breaking heart when e'er I hearThe wind that shakes the barley