Jim Casey legacy dead

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
Casey died on June 6, 1983 at the age of 95

In three weeks, that will be 30 years ago

1/3 of the company probably weren't even born when he was alive

​Makes those mission statements and quotes pretty ancient now, lol
1995 was 18 years ago. One third of the company wasn't alive 18 years ago?
You do know you have to be 18 years old to work at UPS?

Wow
I wrote down 4 sentences and your intellect couldn't even survive the first sentence.
:eek:
It's a good thing you move packages instead of teaching children.

BSWALKS

Fugitive From Reality
Casey died on June 6, 1983 at the age of 95

In three weeks, that will be 30 years ago

1/3 of the company probably weren't even born when he was alive

​Makes those mission statements and quotes pretty ancient now, lol
1995 was 18 years ago. One third of the company wasn't alive 18 years ago?
You do know you have to be 18 years old to work at UPS?

Wow
I wrote down 4 sentences and your intellect couldn't even survive the first sentence.
:eek:
It's a good thing you move packages instead of teaching children.
Pray for our youth if he did teach

smart girl

Great Post. I remember my orientation ( 4 months after I started) lol. I remember how they delivered on motorbikes and how cool I thought his Legacy was to make sure everyone drove. Today my one boss even told me he could not do this job day in and day out. We were like family. Softball games, barques, Thursday nights at Karokee and if someone needed help we had sunshine club. It has been stripped down over the years to them vs us. Why? My boss has a job to do he is a human being as I. Never get crazy I just show him the era of his thoughts with lines like " stop the guy has a family to go home to and would it not suck if you were the straw to break his back and he shot himself in the yard?" That makes him think and bring it home. The shareholders hold 10 % and they took our time away from home more and more. They need to remember we are the reason they succeed. Not Wall Street

The Milkman

Great Post. I remember my orientation ( 4 months after I started) lol. I remember how they delivered on motorbikes and how cool I thought his Legacy was to make sure everyone drove. Today my one boss even told me he could not do this job day in and day out. We were like family. Softball games, barques, Thursday nights at Karokee and if someone needed help we had sunshine club. It has been stripped down over the years to them vs us. Why? My boss has a job to do he is a human being as I. Never get crazy I just show him the era of his thoughts with lines like " stop the guy has a family to go home to and would it not suck if you were the straw to break his back and he shot himself in the yard?" That makes him think and bring it home. The shareholders hold 10 % and they took our time away from home more and more. They need to remember we are the reason they succeed. Not Wall Street

:goodpost:

The Milkman

His legacy went out the door in 1999 when UPS went public. After that, all the company BBQ's, summer picnics, and other fringe bene's disappeared or at least started to. I'm sure it was better before my first day in 97, however even I have watched this company that used to give half a :censored2: for it's employees lose the other half.

I started back in 81 and at times you would think that UPS cared about you with some of the off the clock things that went on, But like you say little by little all the things that at times made you proud to work for UPS went down the toilet..You are so RIGHT!!!:bpotd:

bonetaz

I too thought it was great. 6 years ago we had a life, I never would have had kids if I knew there would not be time to spend with them. Get home say hi, eat and send them to bed. What a life for them.

balland chain

•1."The future of the package industry is in the air"

Casey began an air service in 1928. The Depression made the company abandon the service. After WWII, Casey wanted a Next Day Service. The "new" leaders of the company decided 48 state ground service was more important.

•2."A fair day's work for a fair day's pay"

•3."Don't make company demands that border on harassment"

•4."They are advised to constantly seek better, safer work methods."

•5."Provide the best possible service for the least money."

"
•6."Always promote from our own ranks"

•7."No stock outside the company"

•8."Treat your people well and the company will florish."

•9."Stay close to your employees."

•10."Personal pride and dignity are essential to each employee, without this management fails and the company will not prosper."

Yup, all that is out the window now.. ALL OF IT !!! Too bad a once great company has allowed Greed to over take one of the founders values...

kumet

we use to get" incentive". If you exceeded their high standards they would pay you straight time for what they thought it was worth to avoid paying OT. You might have to lie and cheat and cut safety corners to do it but if managment's phone didnt ring all was good.One Manage who use to drive would work a 9 hour day and get paid for 14.