John Stewart tells it like it is- on Class Warfare

Everything is part of everything...

My point is that the company could pass savings down to the customer in other ways besides stagnating or reducing hourly workers wages, benefits, etc. However, for ex, when company chief is recieving 30% annual salary increases while the hourly recieves 2.5%, it questions where those cost savings to customers are really missing from. That is not to be viewed on the microscale, I am speaking larger picture for all of true upper- management salaries.

Come on Sleeve, you're making this more complicated than it has to be. I only mentioned drivers wages because you brought them up and are an important part of the overall picture.. My over simplified formula is just an example of why cost of goods and services get so out of hand. It would be very naive to think that all jobs could pay as much as UPS FT pay. Few, comparatively, companies pay these kind of wages for a job requiring nothing but basic skills.

satellitedriver

John Stewart is in favor of raising his taxes.
I am in "favor" of him paying more taxes, also.
He could voluntarily increase his donation to the social cause.
He does contribute to charities, for that feel good and recognition in his world.
Percentage based on income, I, as a lowly driver, contribute more taxes and give more to charities than
Jon boy.
Some people talk the walk, others walk the walk.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
He does contribute to charities, for that feel good and recognition in his world.
Percentage based on income, I, as a lowly driver, contribute more taxes and give more to charities than
Jon boy.

THen we can agree, the top 1% (which stewart, rush, 50 cent, Karl Rove and the like are a part of) should pay a higher percentage of tax like Obama has asked for. Increasing the taxes on the top 1% is the answer, it always has been.

There should be tariffs on american products imported back to the united states and nothing should enter this country for free.

Peace.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Come on Sleeve, you're making this more complicated than it has to be. I only mentioned drivers wages because you brought them up and are an important part of the overall picture.. My over simplified formula is just an example of why cost of goods and services get so out of hand. It would be very naive to think that all jobs could pay as much as UPS FT pay. Few, comparatively, companies pay these kind of wages for a job requiring nothing but basic skills.

Again, it's the cost of doing business. People are still shipping UPS and the CEO is still making himself and his cronies extremely rich and only increasing salaries and etc. They are the ones with the exorbitant pay and salary increases. 2 or 4% increase a year is NOT a major increase, it's par for the course (or subpar given an up-market)

There is obviously some harmony there. Don't tell me we don't earn decent money and it's just handed to us. I'm tired of that whole schtick and if you subscribe to it, shame on you.

bbsam

Staff member
Jon boy.

Some just do it and keep their mouths shut about it.

Again, it's the cost of doing business. People are still shipping UPS and the CEO is still making himself and his cronies extremely rich and only increasing salaries and etc. They are the ones with the exorbitant pay and salary increases. 2 or 4% increase a year is NOT a major increase, it's par for the course (or subpar given an up-market)

There is obviously some harmony there. Don't tell me we don't earn decent money and it's just handed to us. I'm tired of that whole schtick and if you subscribe to it, shame on you.

Never said that UPS drivers didn't earn every penny they are paid. I drove for 23 years, I know first hand how hard the job can be. But ya gotta admit, one does not have to be an Einstein to do the job. But that isn't the point, the point is that everyone can't make the wages that UPS drivers do in basically menial jobs. Pay all the hands at the dairy 30 bucks per hour and see how fast your next gallon of milk cost you $100 or more.
Now if you want me to say that Scott Davis makes too much money...well, that's pretty much a given. However there are folks that are not in upper management that will argue that point as well. Oh and BTW, the "upper crust" of UPS management making more than they earn is nothing new.