Juneteenth is now a federal holiday !!!

Thebrownblob

Then stay quiet
This is why the government gets away with doing whatever they want. People just keep their mouth shut and don’t question decisions. Absolutely nothing wrong with evaluating if a holiday is necessary or not, or needs to be replaced with something more appropriate do we even do Columbus Day anymore?

Last edited:

Thebrownblob

What am I supposed to do?
I’m not sure if you don’t think voting helps, but I do find irony that you’re not seeing the fact that the day that recognized the freed slaves now has you being a slave going to work while others that you have no control over, and pay for sit and enjoy the day. Seems like we are the new slaves to the government if what you’re saying is true. Now I’ll get back to work and not question what they do.

PT 4 Life

Most-Hated Member
I’m not sure if you don’t think voting helps, but I do find irony that you’re not seeing the fact that the day that recognized the freed slaves now as you being a slave going to work while others that you have no control over and pay for sex and enjoy the day. Seems like we are the new slaves to the government if what you’re saying is true.

work is a basic human function. I’m not a slave to anything I’m free to quit my job at any time. I’m also free to leave the country if I wanted to. This isn’t North Korea.

Thebrownblob

work is a basic human function. I’m not a slave to anything I’m free to quit my job at any time. I’m also free to leave the country if I wanted to. This isn’t North Korea.
Nice try, this isn’t what you said at all. You said you have no control on what the government does so just let them do it, even if you quit your job, you’re still paying for someone to have a day off that you don’t get, and have no say over, and can’t even question, according to you. A lot like being a slave, if you don’t have a good argument for your complaint, then sit down and shut up and let the big boys talk.

Thebrownblob

Nobody alive in 2023 has ever been a slave, nor have their parents, and most likely not their grandparents.
Yep, but his idea is we don’t even have a say, which we do. We elect representatives. We are not slaves, Nor subjects of a monarchy questioning where our money goes and how it’s spent is healthy.

PT 4 Life

Most-Hated Member
Nice try, this isn’t what you said at all. You said you have no control on what the government does so just let them do it, even if you quit your job, you’re still paying for someone to have a day off that you don’t get, and have no say over, and can’t even question, according to you. A lot like being a slave, if you don’t have a good argument for your complaint, then sit down and shut up and let the big boys talk.

I don’t have any control over the government. Yeah of course I can vote, but what’s being done? We have a stupid party system that can’t get anything done. Why this country is a mess

Thebrownblob

I don’t have any control over the government. Yeah of course I can vote, but what’s being done? We have a stupid party system that can’t get anything done. Why this country is a mess
I agree with that, and to me is it really a holiday? If I’m not off or getting double time for coming in to work is it fair for people who are supposed to be celebrating the emancipation of the slaves that only government workers, and bankers get paid for the holiday or receive holiday pay?

vantexan

"The South" is not Destin, Clearwater, Fort Meyers and Gulf Shores.
Apparently beaches are important to you. The South is very much Atlanta, Miami, Tampa, Charleston, Raleigh, Charlotte, Nashville, Savannah, Dallas, Houston, Austin, San Antonio and quite a few other thriving cities. Not sure what one would describe as regional cuisines in the North, but in the South we have Southern, Cajun, Creole, Tex-Mex, and barbeque along with great seafood and beef. And you can find all the major international cuisines here too. Our college sports are good as any, better than most. If you like golf you can play it pretty much all year in most of the South. You can stereotype all you want but that just proves you don't know the South.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
Well, I couldn’t tell you, because I haven’t read much than the current page but if your butt hurt by what other people say, why are you reading it? I think my question is valid and has nothing to do with blacks or anything. I just think there’s way too many holidays that are unnecessary. They should’ve traded this one out for one that was not necessary.
Start with getting rid of christmas and the new year holidays.