jury duty days?

feederdriver06

former monkey slave
All of them.....and don't be a jackass and screw up you chances of getting on the jury. UPS pays you 8 hrs a day minus the money the court is paying you to serve. Going to court to serve on the jury is alot easier than reporting to work.......especially if you are a package car monkey slave. :wink2:

wolfman

about 15 yrs ago, i was on jury duty for 3 days. got paid for all. didnt get picked for a case til 3rd day and it was ,of course, against ups. instant disqualification.

eastlos

thanks alot! now i can call to register! when I called they asked me to state how many days my employer paid. Maybe if I say unlimited they might think about keeping me longer :) ha if only.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
All of them.....and don't be a jackass and screw up you chances of getting on the jury. UPS pays you 8 hrs a day minus the money the court is paying you to serve. Going to court to serve on the jury is alot easier than reporting to work.......especially if you are a package car monkey slave. :wink2:

Again with the, Package Car Monkey Slave? Take it easy.....Driver.

Big Babooba

Thx hondo, I think that puts an end to any questions in this thread.

Here's a point to ponder: Massachusetts says that your employer has to pay you the first 3 days for all hours of work missed. The contract says you get 8 hrs pay. If the person covering your job works 10 hours, what should you be paid - 8 hrs pay or 10 hrs pay?

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Here's a point to ponder: Massachusetts says that your employer has to pay you the first 3 days for all hours of work missed. The contract says you get 8 hrs pay. If the person covering your job works 10 hours, what should you be paid - 8 hrs pay or 10 hrs pay?

8, and I didn't know you wrote for the Readers Digest.

rod

Retired 22 years
A very small percentage of workers in the U.S. actually get paid 8 hours wages while on jury duty. Ask your non-UPS friends if they do. I wouldn't make a big stink about getting paid for all hours missed. Consider it just another paid holiday because thats what jury duty amounts to.:peaceful:

Big Babooba

A very small percentage of workers in the U.S. actually get paid 8 hours wages while on jury duty. Ask your non-UPS friends if they do. I wouldn't make a big stink about getting paid for all hours missed. Consider it just another paid holiday because thats what jury duty amounts to.:peaceful:
I'm not making a stink about it, I'm just curious about what would happen if somebody pushed the issue.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Why? You missed 10 hrs of work. Shouldn't you get 10 hrs pay? What takes precedence here, the contract or the law?

Had a feeling you'd say something like this.

I'm not making a stink about it, I'm just curious about what would happen if somebody pushed the issue.

Well, let's see. Here, we now have a $20 co-pay, no orthodontic bennies for adults, etc, etc, etc...... They will find some way to not pay that as well, maybe?