Jury Summons

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I just got my first jury summons in my life.
I vote every election and I have lived in this county for over 35 years.
Any bets on how long it will take them to dismiss me?

rod

Retired 22 years
I enjoyed the hell out of jury duty. That court house was a hell of a lot warmer in Feb. than a UPS truck.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
If I sit in a chair with nothing to do, I am usually asleep in 5 minutes.
Drives my wife crazy.
They have to wake me up everytime I go to the doctor.

Well if you want to get out of it, just tell the attorneys that you have a relative who is a cop and that you tend to be more biased towards law enforcement and don't think you could give a fair decision. You will be gone before the five minutes sets in!

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
I got picked for a case once (I always get picked) and one of my fellow jurors was about 75 years old. He could have gotten an exemption because of his age. The judge brought that up after the voir dire. Made a big deal out of the fact that most people do their darndest to get out of their civic duty and here was this gentleman, could have gotten out of it, and came on down there anyway. Bravo. He sat directly in front of me in the jury box. The trial was supposed to last about a week. Only trouble is, he kept nodding off during testimony. I didn't get elected jury foreman by the other jurors, but I did get picked to kick this guy when we saw his head nodding. The last thing we wanted was to serve a week down here, then have the defense have the case thrown out because of a juror sleeping thru the trial. The old man was ok with it and said he understood, and he apologized that he couldn't stay awake because he usually had a nap after lunch. At the end of the week, my foot was sore from kicking the &$@% out of the back of his chair.

bbsam

Staff member
How do ground contractors handle jury duty for their employees? Are they paid for the time spent serving? Do you have to take over the route while they are away?
Not paid for the day serving (at least mine aren't ) and yes, I or our vacation driver fills in. Not usually a big deal.

moreluck

golden ticket member
I just got my first jury summons in my life.
I vote every election and I have lived in this county for over 35 years.
Any bets on how long it will take them to dismiss me?
You'd be surprised. Sometimes they take the ones who answer the questions the wackiest.......experience speaks here.