Just 100

bacha29

To explain. The Just 100 is a nonprofit ETF comprised of the top 100 companies with the highest business ethics, leadership and public accountability. .Bank of America was at the top of the list.
To the complete surprise of everyone FDX was not on the list . There simply has to be a mistake!
I'll check the Unjust 100. If Fat Freddy's little caper shows up there then it was an obvious clerical error.....Can't be anything else.

It by chance it really didn't make the list.....then it's all Spencer Patton's fault!. What a evil man!

yadig

Fat Freddy has bigger problems than worrying about the just 100 list. I’ve never seen anything like what’s going on at express! I’m sure that ground is the future for the company but it seems like FedEx isn’t for sure yet. Why would an express station move into a ground building and work along side of each other? I’d think that would create divisions.

It will be fine

Fat Freddy has bigger problems than worrying about the just 100 list. I’ve never seen anything like what’s going on at express! I’m sure that ground is the future for the company but it seems like FedEx isn’t for sure yet. Why would an express station move into a ground building and work along side of each other? I’d think that would create divisions.
I’m sure it’s easier/cheaper to sort to a single station than to 2.

Gone fishin

It would seem they’re merging. Just a guess

vantexan

To explain. The Just 100 is a nonprofit ETF comprised of the top 100 companies with the highest business ethics, leadership and public accountability. .Bank of America was at the top of the list.
To the complete surprise of everyone FDX was not on the list . There simply has to be a mistake!
I'll check the Unjust 100. If Fat Freddy's little caper shows up there then it was an obvious clerical error.....Can't be anything else.

It by chance it really didn't make the list.....then it's all Spencer Patton's fault!. What a evil man!
If B of A is the best we've got we're doomed.

bacha29

It's my opinion based on about 10 years as their customer. I'm with Capital One now and couldn't be happier with their service.
Merchant banking has been a low margin business for years and banks who still offer that service including BAC don't care if you have an account with them or not. Investment banking and wealth management is far more profitable. Just yesterday Wells Fargo announced that it was significantly downsizing it's mortgage writing business, will soon begin laying off people in that department and will load up it's loan loss reserves.

As we see with all licensed and chartered banking institutions if you've got money they welcome you. The commissions and management fees are very lucrative if the balances are large enough. If you don't have money they'd prefer that you go some place else.

When mini Bush wanted to privatize Social Security the banks shot it down because the management fees they would be charging on small account balances would cancel out the modest earnings. Yes, it's not fair but it's the Golden Rule in it's purest form...."Ye who has the gold rules".

vantexan

Merchant banking has been a low margin business for years and banks who still offer that service including BAC don't care if you have an account with them or not. Investment banking and wealth management is far more profitable. Just yesterday Wells Fargo announced that it was significantly downsizing it's mortgage writing business, will soon begin laying off people in that department and will load up it's loan loss reserves.

As we see with all licensed and chartered banking institutions if you've got money they welcome you. The commissions and management fees are very lucrative if the balances are large enough. If you don't have money they'd prefer that you go some place else.

When mini Bush wanted to privatize Social Security the banks shot it down because the management fees they would be charging on small account balances would cancel out the modest earnings. Yes, it's not fair but it's the Golden Rule in it's purest form...."Ye who has the gold rules".
But we're talking about businesses on that list that supposedly operate at the highest levels of integrity, etc. Wasn't my experience when I banked with B of A but likely they operated much the same as many banks as in whatever they could get away with. A number of times when money was tight years ago if I was overdrawn by even just a slight amount instead of hitting me with a $33 overdraft fee on the one transaction they would cover that transaction and say I was overdrawn on a bunch of smaller transactions, hitting me with $33 apiece on as many as 7 transactions. And then claim innocence on this. Turned out they and other banks were doing this to their customers to the tune of billions a year in extra fees. When you're living paycheck to paycheck this hurts. The Obama administration stepped in on this and stopped it so kudos to them.

Another issue was while on vacation in Florida my debit card got skimmed and was hit with over $600 in fraudulent charges before B of A called to verify it was me in another state making the charges. They made me jump through hoops to get my money back which culminated in me pitching a loud fit in a bank manager's office to get her to relent and replace the money. I've been hit with fraudulent charges several times on my Capital One debit card and they always replace the money immediately while they investigate. If it's a legitimate claim they leave the money in your account.

Then there's traveling with a B of A card. At least when I was a customer you had to inform them if traveling and using the card elsewhere. Otherwise they shut the card down. Found that out the hard way which left me broke over a weekend and having to beg strangers to let me stay in their motel. Never an issue with Capital One including using it overseas. And they have a huge network of ATM's including overseas that there's no fee to use.

So yeah, very glad I switched. And told B of A how glad I was to be closing my account and switching.

McFeely

Huge Member
Then there's traveling with a B of A card. At least when I was a customer you had to inform them if traveling and using the card elsewhere. Otherwise they shut the card down. Found that out the hard way which left me broke over a weekend and having to beg strangers to let me stay in their motel.
I never use a debit/check card on vacation for fear of something happening to my account while I’m away. Pay with CC and get the points, pay the balance off when you get home.

bacha29

But we're talking about businesses on that list that supposedly operate at the highest levels of integrity, etc. Wasn't my experience when I banked with B of A but likely they operated much the same as many banks as in whatever they could get away with. A number of times when money was tight years ago if I was overdrawn by even just a slight amount instead of hitting me with a $33 overdraft fee on the one transaction they would cover that transaction and say I was overdrawn on a bunch of smaller transactions, hitting me with $33 apiece on as many as 7 transactions. And then claim innocence on this. Turned out they and other banks were doing this to their customers to the tune of billions a year in extra fees. When you're living paycheck to paycheck this hurts. The Obama administration stepped in on this and stopped it so kudos to them.

Another issue was while on vacation in Florida my debit card got skimmed and was hit with over $600 in fraudulent charges before B of A called to verify it was me in another state making the charges. They made me jump through hoops to get my money back which culminated in me pitching a loud fit in a bank manager's office to get her to relent and replace the money. I've been hit with fraudulent charges several times on my Capital One debit card and they always replace the money immediately while they investigate. If it's a legitimate claim they leave the money in your account.

Then there's traveling with a B of A card. At least when I was a customer you had to inform them if traveling and using the card elsewhere. Otherwise they shut the card down. Found that out the hard way which left me broke over a weekend and having to beg strangers to let me stay in their motel. Never an issue with Capital One including using it overseas. And they have a huge network of ATM's including overseas that there's no fee to use.

So yeah, very glad I switched. And told B of A how glad I was to be closing my account and switching.
Look I'm just telling you who Just 100 put at the top of their list of most "just" companies.
Don't tell me I didn't have trouble with BAC as well.
I had a SE/IRA with Merrill Lynch. It wasn't the biggest account but it wasn't the smallest one either well in 6 figures and would likely have approached 7 when it came time to take the RMA.
When the financial collapse hit Merrill was for all intents and purposes ordered to allow itself to be taken over by BAC.
In the following years Merrill under the direction of BAC took an interest in the account and managed it in an active fashion and it did well. Talked with me often as one would expect.

However over the last couple of years I heard less and less from them until I heard nothing at all and little management of the account was undertaken....That was until 3 weeks ago.

I received a letter from Merrill/BAC telling me that my account had been assigned to two new managers. As required by law they had to disclose the resumes of these so called "managers" These so called managers were a pair of knuckleheads out in Arizona with equipped only with high school diplomas and long sustained periods of unemployment. The final insult.

Fortunately I've have an account with Stifel Nicolaus and have had the same 2 account managers for the past 40 years. You don't see that everyday. Believe me, those two guys practically leaped over their desks to get at that account and had it in their hands in 24 hours. It's a depressed rural area and private individual investment money is hard to come by. Merrill didn't care but the boys at that little Stifel branch couldn't wait to get a crack at it.

Now in my hometown there was this little friendly neighborhood bank run by local people. That was until some outside money came in got a license to operate regionally taking over some banks in the neighboring states. Bought out and demolished the buildings on two town blocks in order to expand the main operation. Now if you're Joe Nobody with a checking account and perhaps a little bit in savings there's an unmarked side door where you go into do your modest little banking But down at the corner where the existing bank and the new addition join there's double doors and above them a big sign in gold letters that says....."WEALTH MANAGEMENT". A complete slap in the face to the ordinary people who faithfully supported that bank when it was a friendly town bank. Glad I never banked there. But that's the banking industry of today.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
My bank would do that, too, but they'd call you within about 2 minutes to verify that it was me using the card. They used to do it when I traveled to a neighboring state that was only 35 miles away but they've loosened up. I kind of like the feature except when I forget to notify them and they deny a transaction until they call me. ATM fees aren't an issue because their network is decent enough and they refund up to $30 or so each month for non-network ATM fees.

Can't say I've had any issues with them, having been with them (and the bank they bought out) for nearly 30 years. In my experience it helps if you have someone you deal with on a regular basis that you can turn to if you have an issue. They can usually help you out more than going through the usual channels. I've found this to be true with just about any business, big and corporate to small and local.

There's a new (to me, at least) thing. I've got about 5 credit cards. I use one that gets me deals at a chain of convenience stores and sometimes use one for airline miles when they are running bonuses. Almost all of them are offering dirt cheap cash. You can use checks or direct deposit for nearly your entire credit line. They charge you 2% to 3% (depends on the card) of each advance up front and no interest for 18 months. Where the hell were deals like this when I needed them????