just received my 2012 benefits enrollment packet

Discussion in 'FedEx Discussions' started by Myort, Oct 6, 2011.

1. Myort

Myort Member

Looks like those that will take the biggest hit are those that cover themselves and just a spouse. Last year the monthly cost for employee and spouse was $195/month. Now to cover your spouse, you must select employee and family which is $312/month. This is for the premier plan. They eliminated the employee+spouse tier totally. You have 3 choices now. Employee only, employee+child(ren), and employee+family.

2. Ghostwriter

Ghostwriter New Member

That new plan is just so awesome... My wife and I have not procreated yet, mainly due to the doubt of affordability. I predict that any employee planning to stay "long-term" (notice I did not write- have a career) should expect to see a more rapid decline in health care options and coverage (year after year). Those employees remaining, may expect to see a rise in the actual cost and higher deductibles (year after year). I know that the economy may direct certain issues, however- this is also prime-time for company realignment and restructure. Someone once quoted "to never let disaster go to waste". In that interpretation, I CONCLUDE any cuts, production shove, and displacement would be "justified" at your expense.

3. franknitty

franknitty Member

Hmmm ? Rising insurance premiums ? Sounds like we'll be getting another one of those 3% across the board raises again. With the new review process that should amount to about 10 cent for me. Can't wait !