Kentucky labor law. Paid break 10 min every 4 hours

Theking30

SHORTY
Kentucky Labor Cabinet
Am I entitled to a rest period, and do I get paid for this time?
You are entitled to a rest period of at least ten (10) minutes during each four hours you work. The rest period is a paid break.

So does our contract or Kentucky State Law prevail?
Central Region we get 1 ten minute paid break.

So which is it?

J

jibbs

If state law demands it, UPS in Kentucky is obligated to meet those requirements even without rest periods outlined in the contract.

Your 1 ten-minute paid break is on point with Kentucky state law:

Work 4 hours = first ten-minute rest period
Work from 4 to 8 hours = second ten-minute rest period

J

jibbs

No. At 10 hours you'd have your second break, at 15 hours you'd have your third.

Though I would think at that point you'd be full-time and under some other kind of legislation, but yeah.

Satuirus2000

What local are you at? I know here in 89 our supplement was changed in the new contract to where now if you work 6 or 6 and half hours, you HAVE to get a second ten minute paid break. Before it used to be 8 hours and the company was working people for 7 hours and 59 minutes and then telling them to go home without giving out their second break.

JL 0513

We get two 10 min paid breaks in MA and it is in our local contract. I don't believe most guys formally take them. I just take a bunch of 1 min breaks throughout the day.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Remember this.

We always have to follow STATE LAW over contractual law at all times. Our Contract can NEVER violate the STATE laws.

It matters not what was agreed to, the STATE always superceeds our contract.

If your state provides a superior break/meal period, thats whats to be followed. There are no exemptions.

TOS.