Kirk Cameron Saving Christmas

wkmac

;)

One of the world’s most famous Christian apologists, Hollywood actor Kirk Cameron, steps into the Christmas fray with nonsensical declarations that this time of the year – the winter solstice – has nothing to do with paganism and everything to do with Jesus Christ. This claim is patently absurd and easily disproved.
Not only do we have ancient texts indicating the origins of Christmas as having to do with ancient winter solstice celebrations such as the birth of “Sol Invictus,” the Roman sun god, but we also have numerous ruins worldwide aligned archaeoastronomically to the sunrise at the winter solstice, as part of ancient sun worship. These many ruins – some of which date back thousands of years before Christ’s alleged advent – are highlighted in our Astrotheology Calendar series.

It is blatantly clear why Christ’s birthday was placed at this time: Because the winter solstice was one of the most important holidays in antiquity, especially in regions above the equator that experienced a great deal of darkness.

Kirk Cameron’s absurdly ignorant Christmas message

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
When I first saw the posters I thought someone was just having a bit of fun, but apparently it's a real thing.

wkmac

No, it's true. Actually I'm glad he is doing this as it forces the conversation out into the open. The whole mythicist position has been growing by leaps and bounds including Dr. Richard Carrier's recent peer review work on the historicity of Jesus. As more is learned of the gnostic traditions and astrotheology, the evidence mounts in the mythicists favor.

moreluck

golden ticket member
"He also appeared in the 2008 drama film, Fireproof,[25] which was produced by Sherwood Pictures. The film was created on a budget of $500,000, with Cameron as the lead actor, portraying Captain Caleb Holt.[26] Though it was a low-budget film, the film grossed $33,415,129 and was a box office success. It was the highest grossing independent film of 2008."

Obviously, people were drawn to his film and the family friendly entertainment he was going after. I don't think it's a bad goal when you see some of the dirt and slime they call a movie today.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
"He also appeared in the 2008 drama film, Fireproof,[25] which was produced by Sherwood Pictures. The film was created on a budget of $500,000, with Cameron as the lead actor, portraying Captain Caleb Holt.[26] Though it was a low-budget film, the film grossed $33,415,129 and was a box office success. It was the highest grossing independent film of 2008."

Obviously, people were drawn to his film and the family friendly entertainment he was going after. I don't think it's a bad goal when you see some of the dirt and slime they call a movie today.

Kirk Cameron is a shameless self-promoter. I'd like to see a statement of his net worth.