Latest Amazon news - Wilmington, Ohio

Overpaid Union Thug

I did some shopping at Target this weekend and everything but one item I bought was cheaper than on Amazon. I use the barcode reader on the Amazon App. Target price matched that one item so I ended up getting everything for less. If Target sold all the same items as Amazon I would cancel my Prime Membership. But they are lacking in a few categories.

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
In my state Amazon is not currently charging tax, and I get a 5% kickback on the Store Card so at a total of about 13% combined, it's pretty competitive. I would love for a Target to come to my town though. If I want something today I'll happily forego the discount.

When I retired I cancelled my cable subscription, installed an antenna, and I use the Prime acct for free movies and a few paid ones. I'm easily saving over $500 a year just on cable.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I really don't care for Amazon, they are easy to order from but thats about it. I got a delivery yesterday, and once again they left an item out of the box. It took over two weeks for them to ship something 291 miles away to me. None of the Prime prices are great either, they add a few bucks extra to cover that so-called free shipping.

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
Prime prices can swing further than Hillary's poll numbers from one day to the next. What might be a great deal today can easily be highway robbery tomorrow.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
since we live 45 miles from the stores amazon is good for us. however have had some problems lately with some sellers.

some sellers give free stuff to frequent buyers in exchange for reviews , usually a 5 star review when it should be 2-3 stars. we used to have confidence in the reviews. not anymore.

scratch is right. they pad the price for the free shipping. but i still use amazon for hard to find items and gift cards for the grand-kids.

used to order 2-3 times a month. havent ordered anything in 2016. we just keep a running list till we go to the big city.

ITwannabe

How is that so? We're still the last leg of delivery.. I highly doubt they cut 15 routes

I was told this in a sales meeting yesterday. The lack in Amazon volume isbkilling our area. They said other centers in the are could possibly see cuts from 1-5 routes as well as layoffs.

Thatguy123

I don't see it. We're running 2-3 routes more per day than this time last year. Hope we don't phase Amazon out. Their volume provides teamsters jobs

browntroll

not sure what they pay their drivers but last time i saw a guy get lost in my apt
complex for 5 min, eventually its gonna add up to their delivery cost compared
to having us do the work. should be fun when the teamsters try to make amazon workers union.