Le-a

chev

Nightcrawler
[FONT=&quot]J[/FONT][FONT=&quot]ust another thing for teachers & Administrators to deal with. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]

"EDUMACATION AT IT'S BEST"

How would you pronounce this child's name: "Le-a" ???

Leah?? NO Lee - A?? NOPE Lay - a?? NO Lei?? Guess Again.

It's pronounced "Ledasha" Oh yes...you read it right. This child attends a
school in Livingston Parish, LA. Her mother is irate because everyone
is getting her name wrong. SO, if you see something come across your desk
like this please remember to pronounce it correctly. When the mother was
asked about the pronunciation of the name, she said "the dash don't be
silent." :dissapointed:[/FONT]
My God! Stupidity at the highest level.
[FONT=&quot][/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]

Catatonic

Nine Lives
OMG what is our society coming to
Get with it dudes, old hat.
Remember this, formally <sic> know as Prince.
prince symbol.jpg

Channahon

You know, I just don't get it. Understanding this poor child will go through life, correcting everyone how to pronounce the name, why does anyone do this to a child?

When my daughther was pregnant, she came up with some names, which I told her 1) you're nuts, 2) watching too many soap operas, 3) think about a profession for your kids, and that is how they will be addressed and sign their names forever.

This is one of the few times she listened to me. Both grandkids have normal names, spelled their normal way and you can tell which is the girl and which is the boy. What a novel thought.

Remember Dick and Jane - now I am dating myself!!

PPH

I was in a center once and this lady came in with her daughter who was named "7". Not "seven", it was "7"!!! Crazy!!

diva29mom

"Be Clear "
That' s exactly why I named my son Langston. 1) So he has no choice but to be a successor and I thought it wouldnt be hard to pronounce but then that's still in our power to teach. I in fact get people asking me over and over how to spell his name!!

Langston the grate!! Yeah that sounds good.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

That' s exactly why I named my son Langston. 1) So he has no choice but to be a successor and I thought it wouldnt be hard to pronounce but then that's still in our power to teach. I in fact get people asking me over and over how to spell his name!!

Langston the grate!! Yeah that sounds good.

Langston?! Why don't you just pin a sign to his back saying "Kick my ass"?

chev

Nightcrawler
Langston?! Why don't you just pin a sign to his back saying "Kick my ass"?
:laughing: too funny.
I went to school with a kid named Creighton. Poor kid took a beating regularly. Little bugger is probably the CEO of some crazy rich company. He was the smartest kid I knew. He was already studying calculus is 5th grade.

chev

Nightcrawler
You know, I just don't get it. Understanding this poor child will go through life, correcting everyone how to pronounce the name, why does anyone do this to a child?

When my daughther was pregnant, she came up with some names, which I told her 1) you're nuts, 2) watching too many soap operas, 3) think about a profession for your kids, and that is how they will be addressed and sign their names forever.

This is one of the few times she listened to me. Both grandkids have normal names, spelled their normal way and you can tell which is the girl and which is the boy. What a novel thought.

Remember Dick and Jane - now I am dating myself!!
Dual personalities? (sorry, I had to go with that little play on words.)

Anyway....stupid people should not have kids.

Both of my kids have fairly normal names. We named my daughter Allyson with a Y instead of an I. That was as crazy as we were willing to go.