Leave Building Lunacy/ Stupidity in Action

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
The big push is on to improve Leave Building Times, so the Einstein's in management have devised a countdown system. At 10 minutes to the appointed time, a manager begins walking up and down the belt shouting that the "countdown" has begun. Every minute thereafter, they do the same thing. "9 minutes!!!", "8 minutes!!!", etc. Besides being infuriating, this is childish BS of the highest order. Assuming that everyone can leave the building by a specific target time is moronic because the loads vary so widely. The courier with the paper route can easily get out the door on-time, but what about the guy in the W-900 stuffed to the roof with 100 lb pkgs? Can he get out the door at the same time? No, and holding everyone to the same standard is idiotic.

Guess what happens...every single morning. About half the station pulls around the corner, parks their vehicle on the shoulder of a busy highway, and finishes sorting their truck. Retarded and unsafe at the same time.....a major accomplishment. Stupid management tricks never cease to amaze, do they? When someone plows into the back of a truck, the courier will get the blame for unsafe parking, but that precious "leave building" time will look good on some effing report. How stupid can it get?

starglacier

Wow I thought my station was bad. Elemenatry school tactics. I am glad I am at the end of my career.
This company has went down in a flame of miscues and errors!!!

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
What a bunch of B*ll***** and childish even for first graders.

The engineers will just push back the start times to make things even worse.

bbsam

Staff member
What a bunch of B*ll***** and childish even for first graders.

The engineers will just push back the start times to make things even worse.

Well they gotta do something to get Express to pull their weight. Try the childish things now and when they want to hand it over to the adults, I'll be waiting.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Well they gotta do something to get Express to pull their weight. Try the childish things now and when they want to hand it over to the adults, I'll be waiting.

If you ask me most Ground operators are out there just pulling their meat.

Sam you're more clueless about Express operations than I thought. Nuttin' like hittin' a new low. Brazo Zulu!

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
And what happens if a courier doesn't leave when they hit 'One'?

We had a bunch of sick calls today and all of our managers were on the road. I hear none of them made it out the door by the designated time. Perhaps the MF's should OLCC themselves.

bbsam

Staff member
If you ask me most Ground operators are out there just pulling their meat.

Sam you're more clueless about Express operations than I thought. Nuttin' like hittin' a new low. Brazo Zulu!

I didn't ask, but that's OK. It's not about Express operations. It's about Ground operations and the corporation as a whole and the direction it is going.