Limbaugh-Leninism

wkmac

During the Bush era, conservatism was reduced to nothing more than a set of rationales for the centralization of unlimited power in the executive branch. I had long wondered how conservatives would react when that power was transferred to someone who is not of their tribe: Would they cynically re-discover the dangers of executive tyranny, or would they simply entrench themselves and wait until they were restored to power, confident that they could use it to avenge themselves on their enemies?

In a protracted rant delivered to his audience yesterday (February 11), Limbaugh made it clear that he was choosing the latter option.

Unlike his lemur-browed, synapse-deprived imitator Sean Hannity, Limbaugh is intelligent enough to know that the Democrats inherited a central government that had been gorged on power during the eight years of Bush the Dimmer's reign. The fact that the final consequential act of the Bush Regime was to create an economic dictatorship headed by the Treasury Secretary has not evaded Limbaugh's notice. The creation of a huge apparatus of regimentation, surveillance, and detention under Bush took place with the active support of Limbaugh and his ilk. So he is lying when he imputes sole responsibility for all of this to the Democrats.

But rather than urging that this edifice of tyranny be demolished, Limbaugh counsels his followers to be patient in the expectation that they will soon occupy its commanding heights, from which they can proceed with the extermination of their political enemies.

http://freedominourtime.blogspot.com/2009/02/limbaugh-leninism.html

wkmac

The problem with Republicans is that they, if they rely on their traditional base, may be on their way out for good:

http://www.wnd.com/index.php?pageId=86608

Philosophically, too, the country is turning away from the GOP creed of small government and low taxes. Why?

Because the voters who believed in such things woke up and realized the republican party never believed this creed either! For real proof, look at gov't from Nixon till today. That's a total of 41 years (I'm counting Obama in this) and in 41 years, of that, republicans ruled the executive branch 28 of those 41 years. Not counting Obama, democrats only had 12 of those 41 years and yet the size and scope of gov't has exploded to unbelievable heights and yet the democrats are scapegoated as the party of big gov't. Sure, they ain't small gov't by any stretch but to ignore the power of the GOP over the unitary executive in the last 40 years with it's vast gov't growth period is at best intellectual dishonesty.

I'll be the first to call the democrats, demonrats and fact is, I've seen no one else here with the balls to do that but at the same time I'll call the republicans what they truly are and that is republiCONS!

tieguy

Banned
Because the voters who believed in such things woke up and realized the republican party never believed this creed either! For real proof, look at gov't from Nixon till today. That's a total of 41 years (I'm counting Obama in this) and in 41 years, of that, republicans ruled the executive branch 28 of those 41 years. Not counting Obama, democrats only had 12 of those 41 years and yet the size and scope of gov't has exploded to unbelievable heights and yet the democrats are scapegoated as the party of big gov't. Sure, they ain't small gov't by any stretch but to ignore the power of the GOP over the unitary executive in the last 40 years with it's vast gov't growth period is at best intellectual dishonesty.

I'll be the first to call the democrats, demonrats and fact is, I've seen no one else here with the balls to do that but at the same time I'll call the republicans what they truly are and that is republiCONS!

I'm confused. Are you trying to say that politicians have no principles and tend to lie to get elected? Stop the presses we have a news scoop!!