little round circle with an x that blinks red

govols019

You smell that?
So, if someone actually was at the correct address then the board would say they were at the wrong place?

I find that hilarious. TECHNOLOGY GONE CRAZY!!!!

Gman24

So, if someone actually was at the correct address then the board would say they were at the wrong place?

I find that hilarious. TECHNOLOGY GONE CRAZY!!!!

VOLS, it is based on PREVIOUS deliveries for that particular address. Depends on what is in the DATABASE for that address. Probably 99% of the time, unless you deliver a stop somewhere else it will be right. Also, if it is not in your EDD list and in YOUR DIAD that day, it will not be able to make a match and will therefore show the stop to be neutral.

30andout

I was told if the light was red you were not allowed to use the restroom at that stop. If its green you could and yellow meant wait.

over9five

Staff member
You're wrong.

Red means your running paid over.

Yellow is scratch.

Green is paid under.

No more waiting til tomorrow for the OR

CFLBrown

I don't know how often the DIAD updates the GPS info. I've seen this quite a few times, scan a stop and get the annoying red warning. Do the steps to DR or record signature and when I stop complete it goes green before I'm thrown back to the magical listing in EDD. BTW. nothing more annoying then getting like 15 stops in a row with all red targets. Makes the DIAD wish it was a frisbee.

over9five

Staff member
"nothing more annoying then getting like 15 stops in a row with all red targets."

Not just annoying, it's embarassing. People are staring at you. It sounds like you're stealing a car.

THEN you have to explain how your superior UPS technology is telling you you're at the wrong house, when you're not.

Gman24

That is NOT GPS.

That is sort of what I tried to explain. It (the GPS part of it) recognizes where you are now according to LAT/LONG and compares that to what is in the DATABASE and then makes the decision on address match and the delivery stop. I have had a few stops this week that I haven't had since EDD has been in affect and it doesn't recognize those stops because it hasn't been recorded in the DATABASE yet. I'll bet the next time I go back it will be. The boards now are GPS tracked so that this system will work. I was shown a few weeks back on how to get to this GPS screen. All it shows is that it is activated and does show your current LAT/LONG position. That is how they are recording the correct delivery points. I think you go to the COMM screen and then choose the num 8, which is not a SHOWN option and you can pull that screen up.

It's really not that hard to figure out. I'll bet the day is coming where your route will be on a DELIVERY AREA MAP at your center and they will be able to do a real time track on you. They can do it now, but it is not a REAL TIME track.