loader's boots confiscated

back in july i loaded a nonmarked hazmat in a trailer- mercury in a glass jar. the jar was broken and spilled on the floor of the trailer. mgmt evac'd the trailer but not the building. next day mgmt demanded my boots, gloves and pants ("contaminated") and promised me new boots plus reimbursement. Despite repeated requests from mgmt i have neither. what do i do? oh yeah they also offered to pay for me to get tested but absolutely wouldn't pay for 'treatment'
Grievance

Ouch

back in july i loded a nonmarked hazmat in a trailer- mercury in a glass jar. the jar was broken and spilled on the floor of the trailer. mgmt evac'd the trailer but not the building. next day mgmt demanded my boots, gloves and pants ("contaminated") and promised me new boots plus reimbursement. Despite repeated requests from mgmt i have neither. what do i do? oh yeah they also offered to pay for me to get tested but absolutely wouldn't pay for 'treatment'
What they say they will do and what a good lawyer will make them do Is 2 different things.

Ouch

1242640, member: 26082"]Yea but you have to exhaust the collective bargaining agreement first.[/quote]
Hey 407 if he gets sick from what I have found out in my personal comp claim against ups is the union would rather you work with an att. My att and the ba will talk on a regular basis about my case and the contract language. Im all for the op filing a grievance on this, and should have already filed one. I would venture to say if he has waited to long his grievance would be considered untimely. That sucks that the op had to learn how honest management is the hard way.

5muhg.jpg

You want to make Feeder, don't you?

1242640, member: 26082"]Yea but you have to exhaust the collective bargaining agreement first.
Hey 407 if he gets sick from what I have found out in my personal comp claim against ups is the union would rather you work with an att. My att and the ba will talk on a regular basis about my case and the contract language. Im all for the op filing a grievance on this, and should have already filed one. I would venture to say if he has waited to long his grievance would be considered untimely. That sucks that the op had to learn how honest management is the hard way.[/quote]
My lawyer and my ba know each other through me. From experience.

C

chuchu

It's funny, I remember playing with mercury from broken thermometers on a few occasions when I was a kid. Still alive and kicking.
Mercury thermostats, switches, tooth fillings, high limit bulbs, Morris...scratch that last one.

What wIll kill us quicker (more quickly) is working to prop up the EPA's wages and fines.

C

chuchu

Yea but you have to exhaust the collective bargaining agreement first.
We had major egress problems until OSHA was contacted and when it was said and done, the local union wanted to slide in between the member who grieved the violation to osha and the osha agent to control the process.

Nice try. Didn't fly.