Look at this

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by I GOT ONE MORE, Oct 9, 2012.

1. bottomups

bottomups Bad Moon Risen'

No wonder UPS doesn't give out the gold coins at Christmas anymore. Cheap bastards can't even afford the turkey these days.

2. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

$32/hr you can easily buy your own turkey.

3. menotyou

menotyou bella amicizia

Is this a hint that I'm getting some new earrings? :rofl:

4. gman042

gman042 Been around the block a few times

While this may be true, it is the principle of the matter. It is about feeling appreciated.

There are no longer any Christmas parties, no years of service, no safe driving awards, no retirement recognitions.

What really grabs me is the retirement. A person puts in all the time and effort into the job(might even be a circle of honor driver) and UPS won't put forth a little effort to recognize said driver.

5. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

Our center has a very nice ceremony for our retirees. We had a very nice ceremony for our most recent Circle of Honor member.

6. gman042

gman042 Been around the block a few times

Precisely......it is left up to the individual centers. Some centers do not care at all.

7. menotyou

menotyou bella amicizia

That's not at every center. If it was left up to our center manager, he'd offer nothing but a handshake. He's way too cheap. If he has a ceremony of any kind, it is because JT forced him to.

8. jaker

jaker trolling

They will quickly recognize the moment you hurt yourself or crash the truck

9. brownmonster

brownmonster Man of Great Wisdom

What was the OP's point again?

10. menotyou

menotyou bella amicizia

11. wgf46

wgf46 Member

Do supervisors and center manager receive bonuses ? That would explain the reasoning behind the hurry up and get it done mentality, other than just saving money for the company.

12. menotyou

menotyou bella amicizia

LOL!!! Of course they do. on the United Way stuff, as well.

13. Dracula

Dracula Package Car is cake compared to this...

Of course they do. Last I checked, it was twice their monthly salary.

UPS can keep their turkey. Cheap bastards.

14. Bubblehead

Bubblehead My Senior Picture

Actually the years of service awards have been reinstated for milestone years.

15. sortaisle

sortaisle Livin the cardboard dream

Gold is rising as our dollar is devaluing. I think maybe that was his point. Gold historically isn't very reliable though...If we start doing things necessary to raise our dollars value then gold starts dropping again. Gold shouldn't be more than 10% of your total overall portfolio if you have one. Besides, when economies collapse, the don't start looking for gold, they start looking for commodities. Water, batteries, foodstuff, and medical supplies become the currency of the day. What are you going to sell your gold for? Commodities. Not the worthless dollars their valued at. Besides, gold only has value in a stable economy.

16. Sleeve_meet_Heart

Sleeve_meet_Heart making the unreadable unreadabler

Only for certain people.

17. BSWALKS

BSWALKS Easily Amused

Hoops or do you prefer studs?

18. over9five

over9five Moderator Staff Member

[video=youtube;ntG50eXbBtc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntG50eXbBtc[/video]

(Irrelevant Youtube video....)

19. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

Hoops or do you prefer studs?[/QUOTE]

Um I
    Think we both know she prefers studs!!!