Looking to change shifts: is preloading worse than loading?

Pooter

Not in my center, we go into the trailer and just pull the wall of boxes down and throw on the belt. We have people further down the belt flip them face up. That's why unloading is easy and mindless.

Ok, I think you might be right. Unloading is easier than preload.

I always say preload because you get more hours to load less.

Drink Craft Beer

Not in my center, we go into the trailer and just pull the wall of boxes down and throw on the belt. We have people further down the belt flip them face up. That's why unloading is easy and mindless.
Really?

Seems odd that the company would pay separate people to make sure labels are up, packages are single file and ready to scan when the un-loader is capable of doing that.

I see it done that way, everyday by the un-loaders.

door10

Really?

Seems odd that the company would pay separate people to make sure labels are up, packages are single file and ready to scan when the un-loader is capable of doing that.

I see it done that way, everyday by the un-loaders.

Didn't realize it wasn't like that everywhere. I get pulled from my area when I work 1-3 times a day and just pull boxes and throw them on the belt and go back to boxline

km3

Alright, thanks for the info everyone. I'm just gonna go for it. I'll put my name down for both Sunrise and Twilight and ask specifically for Sunrise/Preload. I'm already registered for classes next semester and I set it up so that either shift will work.