Lotteries

Do you play the Lottery ?

• Total voters

klein

Für Meno :)
Only posted that because Cashsux thinks it's some type of Nigerian scam.
He has no clue what Safeway is.

No Piggly Wiggly here. I believe Safeway is the only grocery chain from the US here.
Other then that here in Edmonton we have "Real Canadian Super Store", IGA and Sorbeys (those 2 are the same), Save on Foods & Safeway, that's about it.
Plus we have 3 or 4 Costco Stores, but I don't count them as a grocery chain, really. Because it's too bulk for me.
And Walmart Superstores, but you won't see me in there. They don't even have a good selection here.

I love Safeway though. They do lots for Alberta and western Canada. They have a local milk plant here that I have worked for, an Ice cream plant too, meat and bakery, and egg plnats in Calgary, and in southern Alberta they lease land off the farmers, and have their own vegetable plants, including deep freeze plants and canning plants. They also ship raw produce to California.
Basically shopping at Safeway helps the local economy, besides that, they have an awesome airmiles reward program here.
I just went last Friday and shopped for $200 +, but after clubcard savings and coupons it went down to $120, then I got 416 airmiles out of it, too.
That's equals another $60 off, going into my "airmiles savings account".

I bought items with my airmiles, I travelled with airmiles, even took my bro with me to Mexico with my airmiles.... I love it.

The Safeway e-auction was a huge success, too. I hope they bring that back - you had to bid with airmiles.
I bought several things, including a new Yamaha Stereo System that is currently being shipped to me, it's MRSP is $690, and I got it for $231 worth in airmiles.
Basically sold it yesterday, for $400 ! He just needs to wait until UPS ships it, should be any day now, and he'll get it brand new.

My diamond and 18K Whitegold pendant that I also bought on the Safeway e-auction site with a retail value of $2500 is probably sold already, too. For $750, and I only paid $300 something in airmiles for it.

Now, I'm just hoping my home grocery delivery service will take off. Not only do I get $10-$12 for each delivery, but I also rack up free airmiles :)
91 hits sofar on my ad in 4 days, hopefully I get some responses soon.

Only posted that because Cashsux thinks it's some type of Nigerian scam.
He has no clue what Safeway is.

No Piggly Wiggly here. I believe Safeway is the only grocery chain from the US here.
Other then that here in Edmonton we have "Real Canadian Super Store", IGA and Sorbeys (those 2 are the same), Save on Foods & Safeway, that's about it.
Plus we have 3 or 4 Costco Stores, but I don't count them as a grocery chain, really. Because it's too bulk for me.
And Walmart Superstores, but you won't see me in there. They don't even have a good selection here.

I love Safeway though. They do lots for Alberta and western Canada. They have a local milk plant here that I have worked for, an Ice cream plant too, meat and bakery, and egg plnats in Calgary, and in southern Alberta they lease land off the farmers, and have their own vegetable plants, including deep freeze plants and canning plants. They also ship raw produce to California.
Basically shopping at Safeway helps the local economy, besides that, they have an awesome airmiles reward program here.
I just went last Friday and shopped for $200 +, but after clubcard savings and coupons it went down to $120, then I got 416 airmiles out of it, too.
That's equals another $60 off, going into my "airmiles savings account".

I bought items with my airmiles, I travelled with airmiles, even took my bro with me to Mexico with my airmiles.... I love it.

The Safeway e-auction was a huge success, too. I hope they bring that back - you had to bid with airmiles.
I bought several things, including a new Yamaha Stereo System that is currently being shipped to me, it's MRSP is $690, and I got it for $231 worth in airmiles.
Basically sold it yesterday, for $400 ! He just needs to wait until UPS ships it, should be any day now, and he'll get it brand new.

My diamond and 18K Whitegold pendant that I also bought on the Safeway e-auction site with a retail value of $2500 is probably sold already, too. For $750, and I only paid $300 something in airmiles for it.

Now, I'm just hoping my home grocery delivery service will take off. Not only do I get $10-$12 for each delivery, but I also rack up free airmiles :)
91 hits sofar on my ad in 4 days, hopefully I get some responses soon.

Uh,Genius, I know what Safeway is. I was implying you were dumb enough to fall for a scam. Apparently you are just dumb enough to not pick up on sarcasm.

klein

I can't believe it, wasn't it just 1 or 2 weeks ago, I won a Bulova Watch ?
Now Safeway just sent me another e-mail (lucky me, checked my spam e-mail - it was located there) !!!
However, I have no clue what this DVD Prize Pack is all about, hopefully something I can resell and something worthy ! LOL

CONGRATULATIONS!

Dear Klein,
You have won a ALLIANCE FILMS DVD PRIZE PACK in the Facebook Fan-O-Meter contest. In order to process your prize please answer the following questions in a REPLY email. (Please be sure that all
3 questions are answered).

• Please provide Safeway club card number. Please provide the Canada Safeway Store that you would like your prize sent to.
    • Please provide a current telephone number where the store can reach you once your prize arrives
When we have received this information we will send your prize to the Safeway Store of your choosing and they will call you once it arrives. This process can take approximately 8 weeks.
Thank you for shopping at Safeway and once again Congratulations!

Regards
Prize Administration Office
1-800-xx7-x7 xx ex.1 Mon-Fri. 9am-8pm EST

klein

It's probably 3 dvds ....Peter Cottontail, Rudolph and Alice in Wonderland. Enjoy!

Maybe a free DVD Player along with it ? Need it like a hole in the head though.
Got one in use, just got another new one sent to me, via Safeway E-Auction (Sharp Aquos 3D Blue-ray DVD Player, with bluetooth and wifi, plus mp3 capacity).
That's on my current to sell list...oh well.

Along with my diamond 18K Whitegold necklace.

klein

Just found out more details, not bad, worth $370...., and I guess the watch I won the other week is $495 worth :)

Just too bad it wasn't the GPS , I could have used that for myself or even the luggage set or cordless drill kit, the cook set or vacuum.... oh well, can't be picky, I suppose.

Opps before I forget, today is National lottery day, too - will have to get tiks before 7pm.

Last edited:

klein

My luck continues ! My $500 watch, I won, arrived today at my local Safeway (need to go pick it up later), and I just received this e-mail : Won another $100 ! :)

Thanks!

Hi ^Klein^,

Hotspex is happy to announce that you are the potential winner of the Direct Energy Banishing Gripes Draw!

Your prize will consist of: One (1) check of $100.

In order to be accepted as the winner you will need to do all of the following things within the next 7 (seven) days (by 5pm on October 25th, 2011):

1. Please respond to this email with a digital picture of yourself so we can show you as a featured prize winner. In your response email please also include a statement about your winnings with Hotspex Inc.

2. Please carefully read and sign the attached ‘Winner's Release Form'. (Please ensure to answer the skill testing question on the release form) and fax to us at 416-487-0157.

Remember you only have seven (7) days to complete all of the above requirements (Fill in the “Winner’s Release Form”, send us a picture of yourself and include a statement) to be granted your prize, so do it soon!

Congratulations!

Sincerely,

The Hotspex Team

moreluck

golden ticket member
The first sentence says, "you are the potential winner" ????

Oh, and send them your Social Sec. # too....or whatever Canadians have.

klein

That's because by Canadian law, we need to answer a skill-testing question first.
So, nope the only info I needed to supply was my first & last name (what appears on the check).
Address, signature, and my phone number (plus answer this : (24x3) + (6/2) =

Besides that, had to reply to the e-mail with a digital photo of myself, and a short statement about how I feel about entering the contest and winning the $100.

That's all, I'll probably be featured in our energy pamplet that comes with the bill and perhaps on their website, too.
(it's my electric and gas company/provider).

I feel happy !
I wonder how good my watch will look... :) $500 it better be nice :)

klein

dumbnuts , here's the release form I had to fax in :

WINNERRELEASE

I, Klein __ (full name) hereby state and declare that I understand that I will be awarded the prize from the ‘DirectEnergy – Banishing Gripes’ draw, consisting of $100.00.

Please send my prize to the followingaddress:
Address: xxx8 – 1xx ave.
City: Edmonton
State/Province: Alberta
Postal/Zip Code: Txx 3xx

In consideration for the receipt of the prize as mentioned above, I hereby:

(a) Acknowledge that the prize is as described in the Contest Rules;

(b) Agree to accept the prize as awarded, in the condition in which I receive it;

(c) Fully discharge and release Hotspex inc.,whatsoever for damage, loss or injury, howsoever arising as a result of my participationin the Contest and accepting and using the prize which I, my heirs, executors,administrators, personal representatives, successors or assigns have, may haveor could have now or hereafter against them or any of them in respect of orrelating to the Contest and the prize, including without limitation receipt ofthe Prize and use of the Prize, whether such use is by me or by anyone elseacting with or without my knowledge and/or consent;

(d) Consent to the use of my name, comments and/or photograph in any advertising orpublicity, without compensation or other liability to me or my heirs,executors, administrators, personal representatives, successors or assigns; and

(e) Declare that:

(i) I have complied with, and will comply with, all the rules of the Contest, and Ihave answered the fact-based question in the manner prescribed;
(ii) I am an individual resident of Canada or another country and am not an employee,representative or agent of any of the afore mentioned Sponsors, theirsubsidiaries, affiliates, associated companies, advertising agencies or thecontest judges and I am not domiciled with any of the above;
(iii) The terms of the Contest Rules and this Release shall apply to and be binding on meand my heirs, executors, administrators, personal representatives, successorsand assigns.

Please respond to this SKILL TESTING QUESTION:
(24 x 3) + (6/2) = 75

___________________ _780-6xx-1xxx_
WITNESS’ SIGNATURE ENTRANT’S SIGNATURE TELEPHONE #

_Oct18[SUP]th[/SUP], 2011__ Oct,18[SUP]th[/SUP], 2011

DATE DATE

klein

Now, More, you might understand why it says potential winner, not only the skill-testing question, but also that I'm not an employer of any kind and I had to sign a release form.

klein

If it wasn't my Utitlty provider I would have questions... but even then, they didn't want much info from me, and it's only $100 !
Maybe, I'll get a confirmation e-mail, or just wait until the check arrives sometime next week.

dumbnuts , here's the release form I had to fax in :

WINNERRELEASE

I, Klein __ (full name) hereby state and declare that I understand that I will be awarded the prize from the ‘DirectEnergy – Banishing Gripes’ draw, consisting of $100.00.

Please send my prize to the followingaddress:
Address: xxx8 – 1xx ave.
City: Edmonton
State/Province: Alberta
Postal/Zip Code: Txx 3xx

In consideration for the receipt of the prize as mentioned above, I hereby:

(a) Acknowledge that the prize is as described in the Contest Rules;

(b) Agree to accept the prize as awarded, in the condition in which I receive it;

(c) Fully discharge and release Hotspex inc.,whatsoever for damage, loss or injury, howsoever arising as a result of my participationin the Contest and accepting and using the prize which I, my heirs, executors,administrators, personal representatives, successors or assigns have, may haveor could have now or hereafter against them or any of them in respect of orrelating to the Contest and the prize, including without limitation receipt ofthe Prize and use of the Prize, whether such use is by me or by anyone elseacting with or without my knowledge and/or consent;

(d) Consent to the use of my name, comments and/or photograph in any advertising orpublicity, without compensation or other liability to me or my heirs,executors, administrators, personal representatives, successors or assigns; and

(e) Declare that:

(i) I have complied with, and will comply with, all the rules of the Contest, and Ihave answered the fact-based question in the manner prescribed;
(ii) I am an individual resident of Canada or another country and am not an employee,representative or agent of any of the afore mentioned Sponsors, theirsubsidiaries, affiliates, associated companies, advertising agencies or thecontest judges and I am not domiciled with any of the above;
(iii) The terms of the Contest Rules and this Release shall apply to and be binding on meand my heirs, executors, administrators, personal representatives, successorsand assigns.

Please respond to this SKILL TESTING QUESTION:
(24 x 3) + (6/2) = 75

___________________ _780-6xx-1xxx_
WITNESS’ SIGNATURE ENTRANT’S SIGNATURE TELEPHONE #

_Oct18[SUP]th[/SUP], 2011__ Oct,18[SUP]th[/SUP], 2011

DATE DATE

That`s a pretty tough question. You probably failed it.

klein

Look at this, I'm even featured on "Brimmies" a fb application (I won $10 there this week, too) :

Winner number 2136

"Love Brimmies, & I'm the perfect example that even with very few entries you can win a giftcard ! :)"
You of Edmonton, AB won a $10 Gift Card on October 15 in our Brimmies Tuesday Draw!