making others look bad???

Overpaid Union Thug

But people are all different. There are turtles and rabbits. They all get to where they're going, eventually. Same methods, different pace, one big happy family.

Many of those rabbits will slow down eventually. Some will slow down because of knee or back surgeries. We have plenty of drivers that are rabbits. They are all young and new, or relatively new, drivers that just haven't been injured yet. All of our older drivers talk about how they used to be "runners and gunners" and usually point at one of their surgical scars or a muscle right before they start to explain why they decided to slow down and work at a brisk pace instead of working like a maniac. I worked like a maniac when I first started at UPS. Sometimes I still get the urge to work as fast as I can but I always fight it back. That is usually on a friday. Especially if its a drill weekend (I'm in the military too). A couple of times I wanted to get done early so bad that I decided to just give up half my lunch instead of running. Any other day of the week I just walk like one of those "power walkers" we all see in shopping malls. Actually.....I'm a tad bit slower. LOL!

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Many of those rabbits will slow down eventually. Some will slow down because of knee or back surgeries. We have plenty of drivers that are rabbits. They are all young and new, or relatively new, drivers that just haven't been injured yet. All of our older drivers talk about how they used to be "runners and gunners" and usually point at one of their surgical scars or a muscle right before they start to explain why they decided to slow down and work at a brisk pace instead of working like a maniac. I worked like a maniac when I first started at UPS. Sometimes I still get the urge to work as fast as I can but I always fight it back. That is usually on a friday. Especially if its a drill weekend (I'm in the military too). A couple of times I wanted to get done early so bad that I decided to just give up half my lunch instead of running. Any other day of the week I just walk like one of those "power walkers" we all see in shopping malls. Actually.....I'm a tad bit slower. LOL!

Whoa! I'm sorry, you misunderstood me. I'm talking about people that are faster and not maniacs. I used to be a maniac and posted how I was out on comp for 2 1/2 years due to a maniacal hip injury.
What I'm talking about is a brisk pace, not running mind you. When I compare myself to speed walkers I'd say I'm the guy that looks at them like they're the old people in the mall strolling around before it opens. Sweat is good for ya, try it sometime!

Overpaid Union Thug

Whoa! I'm sorry, you misunderstood me. I'm talking about people that are faster and not maniacs. I used to be a maniac and posted how I was out on comp for 2 1/2 years due to a maniacal hip injury.
What I'm talking about is a brisk pace, not running mind you. When I compare myself to speed walkers I'd say I'm the guy that looks at them like they're the old people in the mall strolling around before it opens. Sweat is good for ya, try it sometime!

I'm a speed walker but not quite a passionate as one of those granny mall walkers. I move just fast enough to break a sweat.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I'm a speed walker but not quite a passionate as one of those granny mall walkers. I move just fast enough to break a sweat.

I love watching mall walkers. They follow the exact outline of the walkway, hugging the wall when possible. God forbid you get in their way. Our local mall actually opens up one set of doors early to allow them to get their walking in before the mall opens--they even serve coffee.

mattwtrs

Retired Senior Member
A long time ago my first supervisor on the night hub told me you can work a lot longer working smarter not harder. I was a student & basketball player and he even left me off for away games. I think there were 100 or so employees on my shift way back in the early 70's so it wasn't hard for the looser's to make themselves look bad!