Management-Employee Relation......ship?

kma123

Anyone ever have a situation at UPS with a supervisor having a personal relationship with a driver and suddenly that driver could do no wrong got any day off they wanted got perfect dispatches etc.....? I thought management was not permitted to "fraternize" with hourly employees let alone sleep with them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Signature Only

Blue in Brown
It happened at our center. Male center manager/female driver. She would make phone calls to his office from her car before departing stating what sections she wanted off.
Tempers rose a bit but there was no confrontations.

Finally they broke up ,when she learned he was also involved with the HR representative, and filed a harassment suit.

(He dumped the driver and kept the HR)

She (Ms. HR) resigned.

He was demoted to On-Car and transferred. She stayed out on stress leave for a few months.

It's a testament to our collective professionalism that upon her return and to this day, no driver...not one, has ever made mention of taking up slack for her (she was off at 1730 every day) or thrown the mess in her face. No one likes her or respects her but all we let show is professionalism.

menotyou

bella amicizia
At our center, the preload sup and the mechanic were "sharing more than yogurt". That part, actually, is true. They would share one yogurt and one spoon. Witnessed. She enabled him to get MANY hours of overtime. Largely, based on them making"goo-goo eyes" at each other, and booty calls at the building. Hence, the prior post. You have no idea how much fun I had making inappropriate comments when ever it was most embarrassing to that sup, as I have major history with her. Payback is a b*tch. Someone reported them to Syracuse. The wife even came to the building bitching about her to management. UPS did nothing to help her, as she couldn't get the husband/mechanic to stop because he wouldn't admit to anything. She confronted preload sup, who told her, "too bad." (We live in same area/friends in common)

I guess UPS enjoyed paying for the booty calls in the parking lot that most of us on preload were interrupted at one time, or another.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
One of our FT sups and an OMS in a center (actually Over 9.5s center ) had an affair, both were married....

well ooops, slightly miscalculation - OMS got pregnant and well, FT sups wife found out...:D

I was going to say I'd like to be a fly on the wall for that confrontation, but eh...that must have been ugly.

We also have PT sup and PT hourly couples all around the building. It is really a sad state of affairs when people are desperate enough to date co-workers, especially when it's mgmt/hourly of course.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I agree that manager/hourly relationships are inappropriate; however, I see nothing wrong with hourly/hourly. Where do we spend the greater part of our day?

over9five

Staff member
One of our FT sups and an OMS in a center (actually Over 9.5s center ) had an affair, both were married....

well ooops, slightly miscalculation - OMS got pregnant and well, FT sups wife found out...:D

I was going to say I'd like to be a fly on the wall for that confrontation, but eh...that must have been ugly.

We also have PT sup and PT hourly couples all around the building. It is really a sad state of affairs when people are desperate enough to date co-workers, especially when it's mgmt/hourly of course.

Do you remember the signs all up and down Brick Kiln uhhh....... describing.....the situation?!?!?

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
The current Preload supervisor in our building is a demoted DM. He was caught having two 'fraternizing' with two hourly employees as well as an OMS.

rod

Retired 22 years
A driver friend of mine was great friends with one of our driver sups and hung out with him and his wife all the time. The driver sup and his wife divorced and my driver friend married her. My driver friend and the drive sup are no longer friends----the end.

menotyou

bella amicizia
A driver friend of mine was great friends with one of our driver sups and hung out with him and his wife all the time. The driver sup and his wife divorced and my driver friend married her. My driver friend and the drive sup are no longer friends----the end.

Can you imagine that Safety Ride? Yikes!!