Managers Following Drivers

mattwtrs

Retired Senior Member
i figured that response, and no, i pulled into my driveway and was sitting there answering the 97 emails I get everyday, usually about a damage claim of some sort. :smart:

trust me, I am the first to come to the defense of drivers, but four resi stops right in a row....unacceptable....and especially because the driver is top notch and everyone loves him. I know he didnt see it or he would have said something.

Apparently the helper was not listening when he was told to treat every package as a guest of honor!

leastbest

LeastBest
Whenever I walk out of an apartment building or a place where there are a lot of cars parked I always give a big smile and wave. I've had sups say, "How did you know I was there?"

It's too easy.

Channahon

Here's an email tip for those of you that get bombarded every day.

I use to color code my emails, red for district manager, green from region, as those are the ones I always read first. Nothing worse than getting a phone call, when you just get in, and being asked a question regarding an email sent. I would honestly tell them I was looking at their email, during the call.

Oh - how I don't miss those days, conference calls or staff meetings. AHH, the life of a UPS retiree.

ZEB

30 year guy
Yeah Salesguy was answering his 97 Emails on why he hasn't followed up on the sales leads that the DRIVERS give him

hdkappler

:happy2:do you have a cell phone?notebook and pen?ok at the center write down the c.m.'s license plate number.thenext time you think he is following you.call the police tell them a car is following you and give them the license number also.give them a descripton of the car.c.m. have other things to do instead of bothering drivers.:happy-very:

upssalesguy

UPS Defender
Yeah Salesguy was answering his 97 Emails on why he hasn't followed up on the sales leads that the DRIVERS give him

you think that is true?

you think the 600 packages per day I am trying to win might have been a small % of them? you think retaining what we have might be important?

get a real sales lead, help the sale along, talk to the sales rep asking you for leads if they are not being followed up on, then wait for it to start shipping then wait for the money to roll in - and feel good you may have created another job, or saved your own.

in fact, it's amazing how much you all can complain about getting free money! sorry, we can't sell them all. not our fault, not your fault. There are still stupid people out there. the sales lead hopefully has the non stupid person's contact information so we can actually make the sale.

edit: jsut a glimpse into what happens with a sales lead

1. we get the lead
2. We try to make contact with the person (if it is an actual number submitted with the lead)
3. we try to get an appointment with a decision maker
4. we then have to present our products and service
5. next it comes down to the botom line. we analyze their distributions, find out if we can price competativly and remain PROFITABLE on the account. if we dont make money on it - we walk away.

and that is before they will even consider switching. god forbid there is a service failure throughout the process.

705red

Browncafe Steward
Than please explain to me how one of my slaes lead were closed not sold because they are on the "do not call" list, and now they are in my pick up log as an everyday pick up?

upssalesguy

UPS Defender
Than please explain to me how one of my slaes lead were closed not sold because they are on the "do not call" list, and now they are in my pick up log as an everyday pick up?

because people put their numbers on lists that say they will not accept solicitation phone calls. just like all of us do at home to keep from getting called all day by salespeople. looks like somoene got around it and it is now a producing account. congrats.

go talk to your sales person (if you havent run them all off ) and they can post date points to your amex card if you didnt get proper credit.

check it out...

www.donotcall.gov

if that is why the lead is closed, get a real number and permission to call. business cards have everything we need.

drewed

Shankman
:happy2:do you have a cell phone?notebook and pen?ok at the center write down the c.m.'s license plate number.thenext time you think he is following you.call the police tell them a car is following you and give them the license number also.give them a descripton of the car.c.m. have other things to do instead of bothering drivers.:happy-very:
I dont think the officer would find it funny, you may get cited for filing a false police report, i forget what the less severe of that is...

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
get a real sales lead, help the sale along, talk to the sales rep asking you for leads if they are not being followed up on, then wait for it to start shipping then wait for the money to roll in - and feel good you may have created another job, or saved your own.

in fact, it's amazing how much you all can complain about getting free money! sorry, we can't sell them all. not our fault, not your fault. There are still stupid people out there. the sales lead hopefully has the non stupid person's contact information so we can actually make the sale.

When management goes on their SALES LEAD SWEEPSTAKES every couple months, they want us to hand in something. They could care less if all the info is there. I don't have time to be looking when I'm overdispatched as is. Instead of pulling into your driveway, go follow a FED EX/FED EX Ground driver

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Here's another idea. On the weekend, when shopping with the other half, look around and see who may be in need of shipping services. Sales leads don't need to be from our route, or even our areas, for that matter.

Shopping can be done alone, as well.:happy2:

upssalesguy

UPS Defender
When management goes on their SALES LEAD SWEEPSTAKES every couple months, they want us to hand in something. They could care less if all the info is there. I don't have time to be looking when I'm overdispatched as is. Instead of pulling into your driveway, go follow a FED EX/FED EX Ground driver

thank you for your participation and help in growing the business for your other drivers. (sarcasm off)

you dont look, you ask the person signing for the packages.

do what you can, but be safe and get the packages there on time, but realize, we need you to turn in sales leads.

and I follow fedex 2-3 times a week. next.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
thank you for your participation and help in growing the business for your other drivers. (sarcasm off)

you dont look, you ask the person signing for the packages.

do what you can, but be safe and get the packages there on time, but realize, we need you to turn in sales leads.

and I follow fedex 2-3 times a week. next.

I've maxed out a couple sales leads in the past so Its not that I havn't looked.

To pertain to the thread, when you have a manager following drivers, his number one goal is to find something to roast you over the coals. If he can't find it in your numbers, he'll find it watching your methods.

Does it suck? yeah Can he do it? yes

Should he spend his time looking for sales leads while out of the building to grow HIS center? YOU BET

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
I've maxed out a couple sales leads in the past so Its not that I havn't looked.

To pertain to the thread, when you have a manager following drivers, his number one goal is to find something to roast you over the coals. If he can't find it in your numbers, he'll find it watching your methods.

Does it suck? yeah Can he do it? yes

Should he spend his time looking for sales leads while out of the building to grow HIS center? YOU BET

My center manager and On-Road have stopped me during OAO's (On Area Observations) and told me what I did right and wrong. As I was signing the paper, they asked me about some of the businesses that I delivered to, and if I had submitted leads. That's definitely killing 2 birds with one stone.