Mandated Lunches

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I do take my lunch but the gripe is that its mandated,,, the 51 drivers are the drivers that didn't take lunch with the drivers that did but not in the 4th and 5th and drivers that didn't take full lunch,,, the order is full lunch between the 4th and 5th hour,,, if one gets a warning letter then all get it in my opinion
Between the 4th and 5th hour? That's stupid. Ours is 3rd and 6th.

I take 3-4 smaller breaks throughout the day but I take it all.

I'm totally with you on the if EVERYONE has to take it then EVERYONE has to take it. They can't cherry pick who.

By The Book

No it doesn't. Put in board what you take and there is no difference.
I think he is saying to( take your lunch) not skip it and get paid back for it. Sounds like your center doesn't enforce the lunch language......like most centers....but they sure do like to pick and choose who they'll harass about it.

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Take it whenever the hell you want, just make sure to take it.

I usually would save my whole break time for the end of the day, where a bunch of us would meet at a local mall on the return trip. We'd all shoot the bull and have fun, and nobody would skip lunch.

In the dead of summer though, I'd be sure to take it in the daytime, you need some time to recuperate when it's 105 and humid as hell

By The Book

I agree that we should all take out full lunch and break(s).

I don't agree that they need to be taken during the contractually mandated times.
I think you should meet your states requirements on the time and duration of the lunch(meal period). The breaks, unless specified should be at the employees discretion. Remember taking whatever length of a lunch period back in the day, and they add it to your paid day?, ah the good old days.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I think you should meet your states requirements on the time and duration of the lunch(meal period). The breaks, unless specified should be at the employees discretion. Remember taking whatever length of a lunch period back in the day, and they add it to your paid day?, ah the good old days.

I also remember being allowed to run Code 05 if your kid had a ballgame or school event.