Maxine Waters follows in Obama's footsteps...blames Bush

Lue C Fur

Evil member
Its hard for people to own up for their mistakes...so like a good politician they just blame it on someone else:

Embattled Rep. Maxine Waters on Friday blamed the Bush administration for her ethics problems -- saying she had to intervene with the Treasury Department on behalf of minority-owned banks seeking federal bailout funds -- including one tied to her husband -- because the Treasury Department wouldn't schedule its own appointments.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/08/13/rep-waters-violated-house-rules/

Babagounj

Strength through joy
(Hotline)- Two years after his coattails helped sweep two dozen Democrats into office, President Obama is proving more a boon to Republicans than to Democrats during the midterm elections. His poll numbers are so morose that Democrats are planning ways to avoid his shadow, while Republicans plot strategies aimed at tying Obama to every incumbent member of Congress they can.
The advice from Democratic consultants and strategists is almost unanimous: Run away from the president, and fast. A prominent Democratic pollster is circulating a survey that shows George W. Bush is 6 points more popular than President Obama in “Frontline” districts — seats held by Democrats that the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee sees as most vulnerable to Republican takeover. That Bush is more popular than Obama in Democratic-held seats is cause for outright fear.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Oh yeah, we're gonna see major compromise......right.

Dem Rep. Maxine Waters: “The Tea Party Can Go Straight To Hell”…

You first.
(LA Times) — Rep. Maxine Waters (D-Los Angeles) came out swinging against Republicans in Congress on Saturday as she addressed the unemployed during a forum in Inglewood.
The event occurred a day after new statistics were released showing that California’s jobless rate last month went up to 12%, from 11.8%. California now has the second-highest rate of unemployment in the nation, trailing only Nevada at 12.9%, and its jobless rate is well above the U.S. average of 9.1%.
Waters vowed to push Congress to focus on creating more jobs. “I’m not afraid of anybody,” said Waters. “This is a tough game. You can’t be intimidated. You can’t be frightened. And as far as I’m concerned, the ‘tea party’ can go straight to hell.”
More than 1,000 people attended “Kitchen Table Summit,” which was designed to give the jobless an opportunity to vent to elected officials and share their struggles about finding a job.

Lue C Fur

Evil member
Oh yeah, we're gonna see major compromise......right.

Dem Rep. Maxine Waters: “The Tea Party Can Go Straight To Hell”…

You first.
(LA Times) — Rep. Maxine Waters (D-Los Angeles) came out swinging against Republicans in Congress on Saturday as she addressed the unemployed during a forum in Inglewood.
The event occurred a day after new statistics were released showing that California’s jobless rate last month went up to 12%, from 11.8%. California now has the second-highest rate of unemployment in the nation, trailing only Nevada at 12.9%, and its jobless rate is well above the U.S. average of 9.1%.
Waters vowed to push Congress to focus on creating more jobs. “I’m not afraid of anybody,” said Waters. “This is a tough game. You can’t be intimidated. You can’t be frightened. And as far as I’m concerned, the ‘tea party’ can go straight to hell.”
More than 1,000 people attended “Kitchen Table Summit,” which was designed to give the jobless an opportunity to vent to elected officials and share their struggles about finding a job.

Spoken like a good Liberal. Again, i hope this does not stop and the dems get even worse., please keep the nasty hateful language alive and dont forget to play the race card.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Spoken like a good Liberal. Again, i hope this does not stop and the dems get even worse., please keep the nasty hateful language alive and dont forget to play the race card.

Thats all they know how to do, they never take responsibility for their mistakes. Its always somebody else's fault.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Tea Party Group Slams Rep. Waters Over 'Straight to Hell' Outburst
A national Tea Party group urged Democrats to adhere to their own calls for civility after Democratic Rep. Maxine Waters told a restless crowd over the weekend that the "Tea Party can go straight to hell."
Mark Meckler and Jenny Beth Martin, who lead the Tea Party Patriots, suggested President Obama should step in to put a check on the overheated rhetoric.
"We've had Democrats calling American citizens 'terrorists' and 'hostage takers,' and now an elected Democratic representative says that we can 'go straight to hell.' The president and all leaders of the Democratic Party, who have called for civility in the past, are neglecting to censure their own. Is civility only required from their opponents?" they asked in a statement. "Perhaps it's time for a new-NEW era of civility. ... The president's silence on these latest violations of civility has been deafening, but not surprising."

moreluck

golden ticket member
I saw the clip today of Maxine Waters in the audience and an aide of President Obamas was talking and saying, "The pres, is aware that some areas of the country are hit harder by unemployment than others.............."
Then Maxine interrupts him ansdyells out, "Can you say black?" She's a racist, big time.

The more attention she can divert off herself puts that investigation off indefinitely!!

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I saw a video of her today. The first time I had seen her ... actually never heard of her.

I am always amazed at the low-life type people that get elected ... totally beyond my ability to understand.
I think she mentioned something about "The Other Side" in the video. :peaceful:

Peace

wkmac

I saw a video of her today. The first time I had seen her ... actually never heard of her.

I am always amazed at the low-life type people that get elected ... totally beyond my ability to understand.
I think she mentioned something about "The Other Side" in the video. :peaceful:

Peace

Go GATA with FACT CHECK!

I'll admit, there are times, OK there are ALL THE TIME where I wish this is exactly all that ever happened in Washington DC!

moreluck

golden ticket member
Maxine Waters Attacks Obama: Speech Telling CBC To “Stop Complaining” Was “Not Appropriate” Language, “We’re Certainly Not Complaining”…

Is Maxine Waters seriously claiming the Congressional Black Caucus doesn’t complain? That’s all they do.
(Politico) — Rep. Maxine Waters on Monday called President Barack Obama’s comments to black Americans that they should stop complaining “a bit curious” and said she doesn’t “know who he was talking to.”
The California Democrat told CBS’s “Early Show” the president would never have addressed other communities like gays or Jews or Hispanics in the way he did at the annual awards dinner for the Congressional Black Caucus on Saturday when he told the audience to “stop complaining.”

“I don’t know who he was talking to, because we’re certainly not complaining,” said Waters, who has been critical of Obama in the past. “We are working. We support him and we are protecting that base because we want people to be enthusiastic about him when that election rolls around.”

Obama told the audience at the annual gala to “take off your bedroom slippers, put on your marching shoes. Shake it off. Stop complaining, stop grumbling, stop crying. We are going to press on. We’ve got work to do, CBC.”
Waters said she found some of the language Obama used “not appropriate” and said it “surprised me a little bit.”

“I found that language a bit curious because the president spoke to the Hispanic Caucus and certainly they are pushing him on immigration and despite the fact that he’s appointed [Justice Sonia] Sotomayor to the Supreme Court, he has an office for excellence in Hispanic education right in the White House, they’re still pushing him and he certainly didn’t tell them to stop complaining,” she said.

“And he never would say that to the gay and lesbian community who really pushed him on Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell. Or even in a speech to AIPAC, he would never say to the Jewish community ‘stop complaining’ about Israel.”

moreluck

golden ticket member
Maxine Waters Claims “Tea Party Rigged” Debt Limit Bill, Files Bill To Eliminate Supercommittee And Kill Spending Cuts…

Of course her bill doesn’t abolish the new debt ceiling.
(The Hill) — Rep. Maxine Waters (D-Calif.) wants to kill off the deficit-cutting supercommittee, which she calls secretive and a threat to the democratic process.

Waters introduced a bill Friday that would amend the debt ceiling deal approved in early August by eliminating the bipartisan committee created under the deal to find more deficit cuts.

Under the debt deal, the 12-member panel is to find at least $1.2 trillion in deficit cuts by Nov. 21. If it fails, automatic cuts will be triggered in defense and domestic spending programs.

Waters’s legislation would kill the committee and eliminate the automatic triggers, but would not affect the debt-limit increase.

“The Tea Party has so rigged the law that regardless of whether the supercommittee fails or succeeds to meet its goal, it is likely that the end result will be draconian spending cuts to critical programs,” Water’s office said in a statement.