Meal breaks for FT

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
thats why i propose the option for up to a 2 hour lunch. The possibilities are endless. Bunch of retards whining, "waaaaahhhh, im not gonna just sit in my truck!!"
For christ sakes, with a 2 hour lunch, a guy could start a new lunch family, and see them more than their after work family!
Naps should be mandatory

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
It's silly but if they say jump i will aim to drill through the crust of the earth and orbit back around to kick them into the hole with me.

GenericUsername

While Ive only worked a couple this year. Our center Saturday ground drivers can usually leave at 730am/8 at the latest.
10 am here... It's awful. I want to work Saturdays but I'm not wanting to wait until 10 to start my day with a 9+ planned day. I'll just stick with my M-Fri if they can get Mondays right, otherwise I'll continue to use my option days until they run out then use FMLA on Mondays.

Fuzzy Brown

No I’m not. I’m not working during my lunch I’m just going home an hour earlier. Still generally a nine hour paid day.

I hear about people who punch in an unpaid lunch and keep working….I don’t know what Incan say about that kind of foolishness…

Taking an unpaid lunch would give me the same amount of work, the same amount of pay, but I get home an hour later. It’s an unpaid hour of “my time” so why not use it when i want?

You absolutely are giving them an hour of unscheduled work and you are also doing a disservice to everyone who does it the right way and take their lunch.

AKCoverMan

You absolutely are giving them an hour of unscheduled work and you are also doing a disservice to everyone who does it the right way and take their lunch.
Ok. Great. Explain why I am giving them an hour? I’m paid for that hour it’s not givin awY.

Explain how it is a “disservice“ to my fellow members who do take a lunch. We have some although many are like me..we don’t start till 1000 and would rather be home hour earlier.

Give me a scenario where my not taking an unpaid lunch has ANY effect on another driver.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
Ok. Great. Explain why I am giving them an hour? I’m paid for that hour it’s not givin awY.

Explain how it is a “disservice“ to my fellow members who do take a lunch. We have some although many are like me..we don’t start till 1000 and would rather be home hour earlier.

Give me a scenario where my not taking an unpaid lunch has ANY effect on another driver.
Enough people take their lunch and service failures start to happen then maybe another job is created.

Gabba

It's a vicious cycle
no. but you can't have your cake and eat it too. unless your boss lets you, which ain't going to happen.
if you work under 8 hours you don't have to take a lunch, however if you clock out early on your own, you can't demand your minimum 8. if you demand your minimum, they can make you work for it which will necessitate a 9th hour unpaid. it's one or the other. the rules aren't arbitrary and it's not a game. additionally you're supposed to take your lunch in the middle of your shift because it's supposed to be restorative, it's there so fatigue doesn't make you cause an accident. so if you skip your mid shift lunch you may be opening yourself up to an offense.

AKCoverMan

Enough people take their lunch and service failures start to happen then maybe another job is created.
sorry, my getting done at 1930 instead of 2030 is not going to create service failures. I know how, and have back in my cover driver days, to use lunch that way. On my route it would have no effect. I believe that more 9.5 grieves have the desired effect…nothing gets the company’s attention like having to pay out $$$$. But 9.5 isn’t impacted by lunch…it’s only measuring paid day.