Merry Christmas

moreluck

golden ticket member

Christmas gift suggestions..............

To your enemy, forgiveness.

To an opponent, tolerance.

To a friend, your heart.

To a customer, service.

To all, charity.

To every child, a good example.

To yourself, respect.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
​I forget what the term is used for that but watching it gives me goose bumps. I would love to be standing in the middle of something like that. It is really cool.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Lazy Sunday....just watching the perfect Christmas movie....not Home Alone, but My Bloody Valentine !! Who does the scheduling for SyFy?

​I forget what the term is used for that but watching it gives me goose bumps. I would love to be standing in the middle of something like that. It is really cool.

Me too.....Flash Mob!
images

menotyou

bella amicizia
I was raised to say 'Merry Christmas'.

My family's religious persuasion is Catholic. I was taught that December 25 was the day Mary gave birth to the Miracle child named Jesus. I am teaching those beliefs to my granddaughters.

I don't tell people that shouldn't be wearing spandex to Walmart to stop, and I expect to be treated in kind.

Last edited:

moreluck

golden ticket member
That was great! Reminds me of the little kid bowlers who throw the slowest ball and it gets a strike. Good clip.

moreluck

golden ticket member
THE TEN COMMANDMENTS OF CHRISTMAS...................

1. Thou shalt not put any other holiday traditions or celebrations (not even Santa Claus) above the celebration of our Savior's birth and the deep meaning of His life, teachings, and sacrifices.

2. Thou shalt look at thy life and make at least one positive change as your gift to the Savior at His birthday celebration.

3. Thou shalt have many traditions, especially those types of traditions that remind you of the Savior, give service to others, and bring your family closer together.

4. Thou shalt remember those who are alone and help them to have a "Merry Christmas" also.

5. Thou shalt give gifts of worth and not merely add to another's collection of clutter simply for the sake of "giving a gift." Give of yourself which is the way Savior gave.

6. Thou shalt value the effort and thought put into gifts received. Just as with the widow's mite, it is the meaning that gives a gift value not the dollar amount paid.

7. Thou shalt give no gift grudgingly or because you have to. This does not mean to not give the gift to someone, but work until you have changed your own attitude.

8. Thou shalt not become so busy that you don't have time to really enjoy the season.

9. Thou shalt remember that of all the beautiful and expensive gifts, what children want and need most is honor, respect, love, and your time.

10. Above all, Thou shalt find a way to keep the spirit of the Christmas season and of giving all through the year.

~ Debra Oaks Coe

ajblakejr

Age quod agis
Ronald Reagan Christmas address (12/23/81) - YouTube

"...Tonight, in millions of American homes, the glow of the Christmas tree is a reflection of the love Jesus taught us. Like the shepherds and wise men of that first Christmas, we Americans have always tried to follow a higher light, a star, if you will. At lonely campfire vigils along the frontier, in the darkest days of the Great Depression, through war and peace, the twin beacons of faith and freedom have brightened the American sky. At times our footsteps may have faltered, but trusting in God's help, we've never lost our way.

Just across the way from the White House stand the two great emblems of the holiday season: a Menorah, symbolizing the Jewish festival of Hanukkah, and the National Christmas Tree, a beautiful towering blue spruce from Pennsylvania. Like the National Christmas Tree, our country is a living, growing thing planted in rich American soil. Only our devoted care can bring it to full flower. So, let this holiday season be for us a time of rededication.

Even as we rejoice, however, let us remember that for some Americans, this will not be as happy a Christmas as it should be. I know a little of what they feel. I remember one Christmas Eve during the Great Depression, my father opening what he thought was a Christmas greeting. It was a notice that he no longer had a job.

Over the past year, we've begun the long, hard work of economic recovery. Our goal is an America in which every citizen who needs and wants a job can get a job. Our program for recovery has only been in place for 12 weeks now, but it is beginning to work. With your help and prayers, it will succeed. We're winning the battle against inflation, runaway government spending and taxation, and that victory will mean more economic growth, more jobs, and more opportunity for all Americans." Ronald Reagan 12/23/1981