Mgmt on Disability

Dragon

Package Center Manager
Dragon, I'm pretty sure you have seen this before. These were based on 2 Supervisors and 1 Manager that went on Dis. Due to illness and or accident(outside UPS). 2 were not able to pass DOT and were assign to HR and Safety, the other one is with the Orion team. During peak, they help out to become helper coordinators.

Yes I know we some in my neck of the woods just trying to have a little fun..

Dragon

Package Center Manager
Explains why your plan is always off 2-3 cars while IE comes up with more meaningless BS to hold conference calls at THEIR convenience while the sups are trying to run their sorts eh Dragon

I assume you mean IE's plan, plans are based on past years data and you gotta plan a higher NDPPH = plan for today. You and I don't have to agree or like it just execute it!:sick::sick:

happybob

Feeders
It took me seven years and with the help of a good law firm, a favorable finding from the EEOC and the case about to be filed in federal court to get an ADA accommodation. They don't provide accommodations until they are forced to, in most cases.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
It took me seven years and with the help of a good law firm, a favorable finding from the EEOC and the case about to be filed in federal court to get an ADA accommodation. They don't provide accommodations until they are forced to, in most cases.
This.
I may need to pick your brain at some point in the future, Happybob. In the meantime, hope things work out for you.

happybob

Feeders
Yet, in my case they voted with the company at the National Panel that my ADA rights were not violated. Thankfully the EEOC didn't see it that way.

We have a had couple folks in out District go out for surgeries. After the third day they were contacted and asked if they were going to use vacation time or go on disability. On person had to go on disability. After that month, they were put on disability pay. Their benefits were not cut....but when they came back to work their check was short by the amount their monthly benefits cost UPS. When asked, he was told that on disability he has to pay for all his benefit cost. I believe it was in he area of $1100.00. But something was learned. According to a couple folks that have needed time off for procedures....If going on disability....go on the second day of the month. Once you work a day you get your months pay. then get back to work before the 15th of the following month and you get that months pay and no out of pocket benefit cost. UPS really forces you into thinking like this.

happybob

Feeders
We have a had couple folks in out District go out for surgeries. After the third day they were contacted and asked if they were going to use vacation time or go on disability. On person had to go on disability. After that month, they were put on disability pay. Their benefits were not cut....but when they came back to work their check was short by the amount their monthly benefits cost UPS. When asked, he was told that on disability he has to pay for all his benefit cost. I believe it was in he area of $1100.00. But something was learned. According to a couple folks that have needed time off for procedures....If going on disability....go on the second day of the month. Once you work a day you get your months pay. then get back to work before the 15th of the following month and you get that months pay and no out of pocket benefit cost. UPS really forces you into thinking like this.
You must not have the same language we have in New England. When injured on the job we continue to receive our health and welfare and pension contributions until we return to work, with a limit of 12 months. The cost of those benefits are not deducted from our earnings after returning to work.

twoweeled

Anyone been on disability or know a mgmt person that has gone on disability? The days of the company taking care of you are over. Your pay gets cut, you lose your health benefits, and you get to deal with an outside company. Is this really how we treat our partners? Work as many hours that UPS wants and you get the same salary. Be unable to work and we through you to the wolves.
That does appear to be so, yes! Welcome to the new UPS

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Anyone been on disability or know a mgmt person that has gone on disability? The days of the company taking care of you are over. Your pay gets cut, you lose your health benefits, and you get to deal with an outside company. Is this really how we treat our partners? Work as many hours that UPS wants and you get the same salary. Be unable to work and we through you to the wolves.
Yep, that's the way it is now.
I had a sup go out on STD and she was surprised by cutbacks in pay and benefits.
When she extended into LTD, she was devastated financially and belief in the company was gone.
I gave her $2000 to help her out.
She recovered financially and healthwise but she hated UPS after that.
She eventually left UPS and makes more money and works less hours for Experion.
UPS is a pretty suck-ass company these days to work for if you go out on STD or LTD.

twoweeled

Yep, that's the way it is now.
I had a sup go out on STD and she was surprised by cutbacks in pay and benefits.
When she extended into LTD, she was devastated financially and belief in the company was gone.
I gave her $2000 to help her out.
She recovered financially and healthwise but she hated UPS after that.
She eventually left UPS and makes more money and works less hours for Experion.
UPS is a pretty suck-ass company these days to work for if you go out on STD or LTD.
UPS is a pretty suck ass company in many ways. UPS will constantly point at pay as the end all, be all. Pay is important, but it isn't what it once was. Our benefits have been deteriorating over time, and our pay when adjusted for inflation, are not nearly as outstanding as it once was. The company is much more demanding, and the company loyalty is totally gone. The business model has everyone hating everyone, and everyone cutting each others throat.
When did we ever see management cutting each others throat? It's not hooray for me, and screw you. It's cut cost, at any cost. Not a good place to work. The typical management response to that? "Well go work somewhere else"! Well that should fix the problems here at UPS. I think we all know, service is pretty much gone, except for the big shippers. Let's see where we're at in 15 years. I doubt we'll have uniforms anymore. remind you of any other companies?