Michael Phelps and the US Swim Team is Special

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
it is amazing watching this kid. what is really amazing is from his dui in 2014 and then rehab and everyone thinking he is done and then refocusing and doing what he is doing now.

these great champions never rest on their laurels. they find ways to stay motivated.

these olympics, especially watching the swimming with Ledecky, Lilly King , Phelps, and all the rest is really very special.

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
Hello. I haven't watched any of the Olympics but I did hear about Michael Phelps and his long and rocky road to his present accomplishments.

I admire how he faced his internal battles and then accomplished so much. The cupping thing seems a bit silly to me, but whatever. My opinion is my own doesn't mattter here, there, or anywhere.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
it's going to be interesting today. Phelps and Lockte in the finals for the 200IM. If Phelps wins it will be gold 4 times in a row in this event.

also he has to qualify for the 100 fly . if he wins that it will be 4 Olympics in a row. closest thing to a superman we have seen.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
friday night was exciting. Maya Dirado upset the Hungarian in the 200 back. watched it several times and still can not believe how she made up so much ground in the last 25 meters.

Katie Ledecky only reaces against herself. she must have a larger heart physically than the normal person to practically sprint for 800 minutes.

I think Phelps could have won if he had been in one of the middle lanes instead of lane 2. he needed to know where that kid was coming off the turn. 3 way tie was unbelievable for the silver. and his two main rivals to boot.

can't wait til tonight with the 4 by 100 medley. hope the USA goes out on top.

Even though Phelps said he is retiring , I think he may take some time off for his little boy and then after a year and a half or 2 get bored and maybe come back for Tokyo since he is still at the top of his game.

He said he doesn't like the "What if ?" question.