Mis- loads

skatebmx05

Been there about 3 and a half weeks they gave me 4 trucks like 900 boxes had 2 mis loads is that alot for my time on the job and any advice

Been there about 3 and a half weeks they gave me 4 trucks like 900 boxes had 2 mis loads is that alot for my time on the job and any advice

So presumably you have worked around 17 days at 900 boxes a day. So you have loaded 15,300 boxes approximately, with two misloads you have have a misload rate of 1 box per 7650. Keep up the good work.

In our building the "allowed" misload rate is 1 per 4000. of course this is always changing, when I started working in 07, it was at 1 per 2000, then it crept up to i per 4000 over a few years.

If management is giving you guff about your numbers, ask what other peoples are, I am sure you are doing better than most people with your misload rate. dont try to please them, they will never be satisfied with what you do.

I am thinking I might have misunderstood the original post. Are you saying you had two misloads in a day, or two misloads over the course of 2.5 weeks?

whichever it may be, if it is over 2.5 weeks, your doing fine.

If it was in 1 day then we all have bad days especially if you are new. dont get discouraged.

skatebmx05

I have had alot only since peak hit when I was at 780 boxes a day I was mis load free ha only part that makes me a little mad is they will throw someone last 30 mins to help and they pile the boxes and I have found mis placed boxes from them I know it's still my trucks and alot of my mis loads have been add cutts

blue efficacy

Any misload frequency of less than 1/3000 is poor. Make sure you read the zipcode of every box, every time. Don't always count on slics, especially if they're not in the standard UPS font.

Eh my trucks are 61 a b c so it's easy to mistake

I suppose there are many reasons why people misload. But I have always thought it helps to pay more attention to the boxes you are loading than the truck you are in.

In our building our supes want us to call out the truck number as we are entering it, look at the back chart, then circle the pal label. While this sounds easy, it is obviously mind numbing and it is easy to do the actions while not paying attention. I usually dont look at the truck number chart in the back, instead I focus on the packages that are going into the truck. For me that usually helps me avoid misloads.

upstmh7

upstmh7
Definitely, read EVERY zip...and if you're rushed and it's the end of the sort, AND you cannot find your sup, don't scan it, if there's any doubt. I wouldn't recommend doing this a lot; only under certain circumstances. We all made mistakes when we were new. I was hired as seasonal, but I busted my ass and they kept me. If you do the same, they will more than likely keep you.

upstmh7

upstmh7
Definitely, read EVERY zip...and if you're rushed and it's the end of the sort, AND you cannot find your sup, don't scan it, if there's any doubt. I wouldn't recommend doing this a lot; only under certain circumstances. We all made mistakes when we were new. I was hired as seasonal, but I busted my ass and they kept me. If you do the same, they will more than likely keep you.

rod

Retired 22 years
So presumably you have worked around 17 days at 900 boxes a day. So you have loaded 15,300 boxes approximately, with two misloads you have have a misload rate of 1 box per 7650. Keep up the good work.

In our building the "allowed" misload rate is 1 per 4000. of course this is always changing, when I started working in 07, it was at 1 per 2000, then it crept up to i per 4000 over a few years.

If management is giving you guff about your numbers, ask what other peoples are, I am sure you are doing better than most people with your misload rate. dont try to please them, they will never be satisfied with what you do.

Chances are good that management is giving ALL their pre-loaders guff about their numbers-- its just the way UPS works :-)

skatebmx05

Well I work the box line and I meant my trucks numbers are so close to the same it's easy wiwc alot being as the first two numbers are the same