Misload/Warning letter question

Discussion in 'UPS Union Issues' started by UPS406GR, Jun 24, 2014.

1. TheCaptain

TheCaptain New Member

I work in the outbound at my center and the other night our work area misloaded a bag. Our PT Sup does not choose to redistribute the loads during wrap-up so we have two people covering the belt and its almost impossible to say who loads what at the end of the night. Management has decided that since they can't be sure who is responsible for said bag that both people who were in the area are going to receive warning letters.

My question is in regards to the grievances my coworker and I will be filing. What should be the focus? Would be better to say the it falls on the supervisor for not assigning people to certain trucks, losing accountability? Absence of evidence? Is there any precedent to a case like this?

Any insight is great appreciated, thank you.

2. Big Bad Wolf

Big Bad Wolf Active Member

Innocent until proven guilty. They cannot blanket discipline just because they are not sure who it was. Also, base your case on averages. You are not paid to achieve perfection. You may strive for perfection, but rarely will achieve it at UPS. If you load 300 pieces and misload 3, that is still 99%. You would graduate with honors at any college. So,
    Article 37(a), intimidation, harassment, innocent until proven guilty (beyond a reasonable doubt), unfair labor practice and just being a general douchér.

Where are you pigs now?

3. upschuck

upschuck Avatar bet gone wrong

Along with the article that states if two+ people use scanner, then neither can be held responsible for what is in that scanner.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  4. Fire both of them!

5. upschuck

You've been promoted? You'd have to change your name to "I've got a letter for you" :1eye:

6. bleedinbrown58

bleedinbrown58 ahhh....the mouth breathers

Did anyone else in a different area on your shift that night get misloads...and if so...were they written up? If 5 people have misloads...they can't pick and choose who to write up...especially if another employee had more misloads than you did that night.

7. You're next Frog!...lol

8. bleedinbrown58

Shouldn't you be at work, sir? Those RH catalogs aren't going to deliver themselves! lol

9. Wally

Wally Hailing from Parts Unknown.

I agree 100%! Fire both sup and manager!

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  10. upschuck

Ribbit

11. upschuck

Aren't breaks wonderful.

12. bleedinbrown58

images-24.jpeg