Mitt's really bad day

menotyou

bella amicizia
What part of taxation is not redistribution? As for the 50/50 split, if the polls are within their margin of error in swing states, Romney is in far deeper trouble. Too much time and money spent polling to believe the candidates don't pay attention to them.
You don't use the highway system, just like every other american? How is the redistribution? Truman did that for tarmacs for future WW's, not so the poor could drive farther.

menotyou

bella amicizia
So if they cant spend the billions of dollars to do it cleaner than they already are, they go out of business??? No coal, no energy, higher energy cost because of lack of supply, fewer jobs, more welfare, it goes on and on...I got it..just make the top 2% who pay 98% of taxes pay 100% of taxes right??? The man said he would bankrupt the coal industry and thats what his policies and regulations are doing.
I don't think $1.18 a share profit is going broke.
Norfolk Southern Echoes FedEx Slowdown Signal With Profit Drop- Bloomberg

menotyou

bella amicizia
As for the wealthy paying more, they have 21% of the income and pay 21.6% of federal taxes. As for rich vs poor, the top 1% pay 7.9% is state and local taxes and the bottom 20% pay 12.9% of those s/l taxes. Doesn't look to me like the rich are paying for everything.

M

MenInBrown

As for the wealthy paying more, they have 21% of the income and pay 21.6% of federal taxes. As for rich vs poor, the top 1% pay 7.9% is state and local taxes and the bottom 20% pay 12.9% of those s/l taxes. Doesn't look to me like the rich are paying for everything.

Well the federal %s that the wealthy pay is wrong in that statement...as far as your other %s for state and local, I have no idea are right or not, but by your numbers it looks as though on a state and local level everyone is paying more of their fair share...top marginal tax rate is 35%...would you be willing to pay federal tax rate of 35% to pay your fair share....Because wouldnt the def of fair mean everyone paying the same %???

bbsam

Staff member
You don't use the highway system, just like every other american? How is the redistribution? Truman did that for tarmacs for future WW's, not so the poor could drive farther.
I don't use the highways in southern California or the waterways in the south.

roadrunner2012

Four hours in the mod queue for a news link
Troll

That is not correct. The highway system was started under Eisenhower, and the requirement to be able to land airplanes on it is just a myth. The construction of the highway system was heavily lobbied for by the automotive manufacturers. Eisenhower chose the head of GM to be his Sec of Defense.

History matters.

TechGrrl

Space Cadet
Didn't he enact some payroll tax cut, though?

Yes, yes he did. and 1/3 of the stimulus bill that the right wing hates so much was tax cuts. Which most economists don't consider particularly stimulative....

In the reality-based world, taxes are at the lowest level in 50 years. Try getting the GOP to admit that thought.

TechGrrl

Space Cadet
A National average of the polls show Obama with a 1% lead.
An average of the the three largest swing states (which will decide the election) show Obama with an average of a 2% lead. (Tuesday polls)

All of this is within the margin of error.

That is why I don't get into the pissing contest and say I'll wait until Nov 7th.

I think it will come down to turn out in those 3 key states and maybe even Iowa and NH.

I'm sure each party is lining up hundreds of lawyers in the key states.

But I do enjoy the show, so please continue.

And BTW. I don't like either of their chances ... remember, I am a Libertarian.

You might find this poll interesting:

Obama and Baldwin Gain Support, New Poll Results Say : Marquette University Law School Faculty Blog

With any luck, Ryan will lose his House seat as well as the VP. He was supposed to guarantee Wisconsin for Romney. And the GOP was supposed to pick up Herb Kohl's seat easily, flipping Wisconsin totally to the GOP.

Right now, with Michigan and Massachusetts projected for Obama, and Wisconsin looking to go that way, this would be the first ticket that not only lost the election, but couldn't even win their home states. Ouch.

I'm sending more money to Rob Zerban in the Wisconsin 1st congressional district. Paul Ryan has such confidence in the ticket he is a part of, he is pouring real money into his Congressional campaign.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
A National average of the polls show Obama with a 1% lead.
An average of the the three largest swing states (which will decide the election) show Obama with an average of a 2% lead. (Tuesday polls)

All of this is within the margin of error.

That is why I don't get into the pissing contest and say I'll wait until Nov 7th.

I think it will come down to turn out in those 3 key states and maybe even Iowa and NH.

I'm sure each party is lining up hundreds of lawyers in the key states.

But I do enjoy the show, so please continue.

And BTW. I don't like either of their chances ... remember, I am a Libertarian.

Just where exactly do you see OBAMA with a 1% point lead over Romney nationally??
These are the currently polling averages as of this morning. Romney has lost -4 points to OBAMA and the NATIONAL AVERAGE is at 3.3%. You could be called alot of things other than libertarian, but being informed on polls didnt make the short list.

Obamas lead in swing states is growing and Romneys hopes of "3 2 1" is coming apart. As i told the other polling guru who thinks he has it all figured out, by the end of the week, OBAMA should be well outside the margin of error given this horrible week for Romney.

The GOP's only hope at this point would be for Romney to step aside and Paul Ryan to elevate to nominee and bring along Marco Rubio. Thats a real reset, not this obliteration of a campaign that Romney is running.

Peace

TOS

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
trythis3.png

7000 millionaires paid zero taxes in 2011

Buffett Rule Rorschach: 7,000 Millionaires Paid No Income Taxes in 2011 - Derek Thompson - The Atlantic

Do you think MITTENS is talking about these people??

Peace

TOS

Buddybrown

You want to talk about taxes-----Here ya go!!!--- More lies about Obamacare------------- Nearly 6 million Americans — significantly more than first estimated— will face a tax penalty under President Barack Obama's health overhaul for not getting insurance, congressional analysts said Wednesday. Most would be in the MIDDLE CLASS. The Associated Press: Tax penalty to hit nearly 6M uninsured people

Buddybrown

The administration will give the excuse that there was an on going investigation ......if it was "on-going" then why did they say it was the movie? Shoot, we were talking about the truth before Amb. Rice was. They all hide too many things!!
Yeah, we should all feel really safe with this administration in there, they don't even know when we're being attacked then when it's made obvious they cover it up!!---- Know wonder the rest of the world is on FIRE!!---

roadrunner2012

Four hours in the mod queue for a news link
Troll
You want to talk about taxes-----Here ya go!!!--- More lies about Obamacare------------- Nearly 6 million Americans — significantly more than first estimated— will face a tax penalty under President Barack Obama's health overhaul for not getting insurance, congressional analysts said Wednesday. Most would be in the MIDDLE CLASS. The Associated Press: Tax penalty to hit nearly 6M uninsured people
The penalty would be about $1200 in 2016. That's about 3mos crappy health insurance for a lot of people. Take the penalty and use Medicare.

moreluck

golden ticket member
The penalty would be about $1200 in 2016. That's about 3mos crappy health insurance for a lot of people. Take the penalty and use Medicare.
You fail to read any further. What is the amount for the next year and the next and so on?? Don't worry about what we pay...we can afford our :censored2:! There will be some poor people who didn't have ins. because they couldn't aford it. There is a cut off.....but where?

The penalty tax is like a ticket for a HOV lane violation. This time it's $271, next going up and up.