More serious bad news from Boeing Field w/ 22.3 Jobs

I'mTheMan

I found this link after a quick Google search but did not have a chance to read the article:

Oct 20, 2006 ... to UPS employees who meet certain criteria, including seniority, ... and passing a DOT physical, which includes the DOT hearing test. ...
www.fordharrison.com/shownews.aspx?show=2475 - 71k

This is an interesting article but here in Pacific Northwest area, we have not seen deaf employees driving UPS package cars on road yet. Only in the Hubs when drive around parking lot or to car wash. Thanks for the article though.

705red

Browncafe Steward
What does it exactly mean? Does it mean the 22.3 full timers can still keep job as full timers to relocate to hubs from air operations?
Yes our 22.3s were in the gateway operations of ohare. When the work went away they were dovetailed into several hubs into either inside/inside or air driver/inside jobs. What does your article 22.3 state?
This is language that we have and here is a link for you to check for yourself.​

The number of full-time jobs created under Article 22, Section 3 of the 1997-2002
[FONT=Calibri,Bold][FONT=Calibri,Bold]and the 2002-2008 [/FONT][/FONT]Agreement[FONT=Calibri,Bold][FONT=Calibri,Bold]s [/FONT][/FONT]shall not be reduced.
UPS / 705 Contract Negotiations 2008
PAGE 32 OF 92 Last Updated 08-06-08http://www.teamsterslocal705.org/UPS-705%20Final%202008%20080608%20FINAL.pdf

Too bad Seattle doesn't need any air drivers. He could preload then do 40-45 air stops in a minivan.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Can't sign up for driver bid list because I am a hard of hearing person so UPS doesn't allow deaf or hard of hearing to drive package cars or smaller package shutte cars either. .

It is not UPS's decision to make, it is the doctor that gives you your DOT certification.

If you can hear well enough with hearing aids to get a DOT card, you can put your name on the list to go driving.

In my building we have two hearing-impaired full time drivers.

I'mTheMan

It is not UPS's decision to make, it is the doctor that gives you your DOT certification.

If you can hear well enough with hearing aids to get a DOT card, you can put your name on the list to go driving.

In my building we have two hearing-impaired full time drivers.

Curiously, where this hub you're from that 2 hearing impaired full time drivers are from? As for us, on Seattle Hub, we've been fighting this for years and still not allowing us to take DOT certifications and tests before going driving when the top mangements still says no though. At the Boeing Field, we were allowed to tug driving around the ramp and plus push backs aircrafts too. Deaf and Hearing impaired were allowed to get certifications for it.

I'mTheMan

can you bump people on the bottom of the FT seniority list? If you can then there goes your 8 hours a day.

Now that would be in question of it. Right now any 30 of us couldn't go forward to full time just yet till we hear the word from arbitration next week and go from there. Just last saturday morning, all and final 15 full timers were sent back to part time and was reported to work at the hubs last night so all any of us could do is to double shift for now till we know more for sure what we will be doing next. The 30 of us are still waiting game and what are we still be doing to do next? I'll keep you posted.