Morning PCM

Discussion in 'UPS Union Issues' started by undies, Sep 29, 2014.

1. undies

undies Active Member

Lately I've noticed drivers being rounded up, prior to their start time to go over the daily rant...I mean PCM. I don't go because I'm not getting paid yet. Are these drivers working off the clock?
  2. Yes they are. if you want to talk to me,I ay hold on. Let me change my start time first,in the DIAD Conversation,quickly ends.
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  3. bleedinbrown58

bleedinbrown58 mouth breathers...everywhere

I've had my center manager walk up to me...Hey bb58...and before she can say another word...I say I'm not on the.clock yet..and walk
  4. oldngray

oldngray nowhere special

I remember for a while my center had staggered start times and everything would be said at the PCM for the earlier people. Later they would try to say "it was covered during the PCM". Nope, sorry. Not at mine. Even if I am there I don't hear anything if I'm off the clock.
  5. bleedinbrown58

Oh and were right..I filed a grievance....and magically they're posting start times this week.
  6. undies

undies Active Member

Can I file on behalf of all the drivers that are at the PCM, but not yet "on the clock"?
  7. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

About 5 minutes before start time they start rounding people up at my center. It's simple I don't walk in the building until 1 minute before start time.
  8. 3 done 3 to go

3 done 3 to go In control of my own destiny

I am right there with you on that one. Only difference is I wait for them to yell pcm?!
  9. ChickenLegs

ChickenLegs Safety Expert

10. Indecisi0n

Indecisi0n Well-Known Member

BB58, is that name Italian?
  11. jumpman23

jumpman23 Oh Yeah

9am start time and pcm at 9, code out approved meeting 9 to 915, simple as that.
  12. bleedinbrown58

Lol and irish too..
  13. Ron Carey lives on

Ron Carey lives on Well-Known Member

"Paid for time" in the Central

Sent using BrownCafe App
  14. Mugarolla

Mugarolla Light 'em up!

When I was in bundles and they did this, I changed my start work time to the time it was when he/she told me to report for the PCM. This was managements authorization to start me early.

Never told them I was not on the clock yet, just put myself on the clock because they were starting me.
  15. Wally

Wally Hailing from Parts Unknown.

At my PCM's, all I hear is Charlie Brown's teacher.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List