Music for work!

arice11

Cybermen_formation_Doomsday.jpg
images.jpg

Hahaha!
Ya, I'm a whovian!

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
2015 bluetooths are where its at, move foward with the times or get left behind. On the other hand,theres nothing wrong with being stuck in the 60s, 70s, 80s,90s, if thats their thing and besides it gives DADDY JUMP someting to laugh his nuttz off at work every morning lmfao.

Castillor

I use some Bluetooth headphones and put both in only while unloading. My partner that's pal-ing has a code that if someone is trying to get a hold of me he shuts off the belt. Seems to work fine for us. Other than unloading it's one earphone at a time.

On a side note buy a decent set of headphones from a reputable store that offers a warranty of at least a year. Headphones don't last long for me at work for some reason.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I have been doing lots of Scan Print Applying in the unload lately. More often than not I am listening to music.
Aside from adjusting the ear buds the only trouble they seem to cause me is my supervisors insisting we have only one ear piece in at all times.
I have had my building supervisor tell me that two is fine for unload but wearing them elsewhere , he claims, could get him fired...
That madness aside, I couldn't deal with work for long periods without some kind of tunes. Lots of co-workers use speakers linked with their phones and I can hear them blasting all around the place.
I'm interested in how the culture of music is or is not tolerated. One UPSer told me that it was against the rules to plug any radio or device into the building, but she also mentioned that this was not always the case.
Digressing.
Metal music, dance and anything energy filled makes a better work day for me, its just how I operate. I can drone out into my own little world and still make the numbers and perform within their acceptable parameters...
Well, acceptable that is until I hear my supervisor say that my energetic behavior can see him ousted. That's just ponderous to me. I've seen SUPS rise and fall and this one has seen a whole year so far.
He's not a bad SUP, just sometimes overly paranoid that I will get him into trouble. Is it because of the whole union thing? So package handlers and drivers are union...but not the rest...right?
Left turn...NASCAR over here.
The only two smartphones I've ever owned cracked at work because I was listening to music. I've spent lots of money on cruddy mp3 players and their equally faulty less enduring ear-buds.
The point I'm getting at here is the conflict between our world of music and our world at work, its a World of Workcraft, and we are the pawns in this game, make no mistake.
But just how much of our freedom to tune-out will be tolerated by the overseers?
Why is everything you write a freaking novel?