Must pass DIAD training for Driver School!

RichO

New to this forum folks. I've been at UPS for 7 years and am set to go to driver school on Sunday. I've gotta pass the computer based DIAD training with a 90% score first. Seriously struggling.......Several others are going to drivers school as well but they have worked as driver helper and are already somewhat familiar. Does anyone know if there are training materials available so I can do some studying offline at home, etc? I really appreciate any input. Thanks.

UPSGUY72

When I went to driving school DIAD training didn't exist. The only training you got was was called on the job training you either figured it out or you didn't qualify. In my area I believe it's still that way.

BUCN85

That diad test is BS. The only real way you learn is actually doing work on the diad. When I went to school I was already an air driver so had experience. There are multiple ways to do several things on the diad but unfortunately for the tests sake they only want you to do it their way. I hated that. Good luck you will b fine

"This is called the pre-LOAD not the pre-STACK"

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
New to this forum folks. I've been at UPS for 7 years and am set to go to driver school on Sunday. I've gotta pass the computer based DIAD training with a 90% score first. Seriously struggling.......Several others are going to drivers school as well but they have worked as driver helper and are already somewhat familiar. Does anyone know if there are training materials available so I can do some studying offline at home, etc? I really appreciate any input. Thanks.
A smart person would see if they can mess with the diad at work somehow, just saying theres a way you can use it, open up that box you call your brain and youll find a way to use it at work to get practice before class homeboy lol.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
The only real way to learn is hands on experience.
Yeah but you can practice in the office or if hes boys with one of the drivers im sure they would give him a crash course. So funny when people make everything so hard to figure out, im just like really dude. Maybe its just the younger kids who aint got no dam sense on how to figure stuff out or how to solve a problem lol.

Future

Victory Ride
I have sups at least a couple times a month ask me how to do something in the diad (delete something....cod change etc etc)

Oak

When you log into UPS University you can go over the DIAD V Overview, Part I and Part II as many times as you wish before taking the assessment. Same thing for the Safety, Services and Labels portion.

You only get three attempts at the assessments and must score at least 85%.

Read the precourse training user guide carefully. All the information you need is there.

Remember your login and username. These will be the same at integrad.

Just take your time and go slow until you get it. The assessments are timed however. Repetition is your friend.

I had to complete all this before they would even let me take the road test and schedule the DOT physical.

DumbTruckDriver

Allergic to cardboard.
Went through driving school a year and a half ago. We had to take the DIAD IV training for some reason. The computer training was not used to weed people out. There were a few guys that were dumb as a bag of doorknobs. Pretty sure they were allowed to finish the CBTs at their home centers.
Personally, I didn't learn the DIAD until I got it in my hands.

Man Of Brown

And 95% of the time you are doing the same thing. Scan, signature, stop complete. Or scan, deliver front door, stop complete. The training covers every possible scenario.

But the training walks you through a scenario step by step. Then you do it with out the prompts. Pretty simple.

I never got to the DIAD training on the computers and I told them I didn't finish but they said its fine finish this week. However I have the driving school this week starting monday and I know there's going to be tests on them. Are they going to go over the DIAD at this drivers training class stuff or am going to be :censored2: out of luck?