My Background Just Came Back Clean - Package Handler Newbie

Discussion in 'Introductions and Welcomes' started by Brown Blake, Sep 8, 2016.

1. BrownBoy1989

BrownBoy1989 New Member

Hiya, I am Blake
    I am not sure I am 100% hired as of yet but I signed up for Boeing Airport Seattle location. I read online that I am going to go through an entire week filled with OSHA regulations and company policy and take an exam about it.

If you guys can help me stay with UPS for the long haul I really would be in debted to you guys and gals.

Thanks
    Blake

2. First of all don't use your real name on here.

3. Monkey Butt

Monkey Butt You can call me Chappy Staff Member

Welcome to Brown Cafe.
    Happy posting.

4. BrownBoy1989

BrownBoy1989 New Member

Sorry can I change it?

5. Yes you can

6. BrownBoy1989

BrownBoy1989 New Member

So it true as far as going "fulltime" expect the worst and hope for the best?

7. Most package handlers are part time.

8. PT Car Washer

PT Car Washer Well-Known Member

Is it true UPS new hires in Seattle are paid $15/hr? You must feel like you won the lottery.

9. rod

rod retired and happy

Welcome to the club. I'm sure glad they didn't do a background check on me when I was hired. If they did they didn't do a very good one.

10. BrownBoy1989

BrownBoy1989 New Member

What I consider a lottery is going fulltime. I'm afraid that I'm going :censored2: up. I never had another job in my life ever! I kid you not. **biting my nails.**

11. BrownBoy1989

BrownBoy1989 New Member

It's $13 an hour in actuality

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  12. RonBurgandy??????????

RonBurgandy?????????? God is Great, beer is good , People are crazy.

image.jpg

13. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

Isn't it set to increase in annual increments up to $15/hr?

14. BrownBoy1989

BrownBoy1989 New Member

I start work on Sept 12th this Monday. This is my first job ever what should I wear? "we don’t want you to feel restricted while bending, stooping, crouching, etc."

15. PT Car Washer

About the only clothing you should worry about is footwear. Strong leather shoes either low cut or boot height. Other then that whatever is comfortable in a hot dirty working environment. Most guys wear cheap jeans and an old t shirt. Dark colors hide the dirt longer. Not a fashion contest.

16. And don't wear anything nice.... because it will get ruined

17. PT Car Washer

And don't wear a white T shirt, especially chicks with boobs. You will find out why the first day walking out. You will walk out tired, hungry, thirsty, dirty, frustrated, confused and never wanting to go back again. All part of the plan to keep new employees. And let's hold their first weeks paycheck to make sure they come back.

18. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

I don't know of a company, other than those who pay in cash under the table, that doesn't do this.

19. BrownBoy1989

BrownBoy1989 New Member

Ladies and gents any tips on how to survive the 70 days period? I really want this for the longterm!

20. Work your balls off.