My center has me confused about my position and schedule

HyperDream

I started almost a year ago gunning for a driver position, I went to driver school and worked a little in building. I've been told I'm a "reg temp" which is the same as part time (or so I've been told). I was also told I work Tuesday through Saturdays but now I'm being told to "stay available on mondays because I'll be on call for the 5pm-9pm sort". Now I only have 1 day off on Sunday???

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
Depending on where you are at, you better get ready to throw that phone in the toilet, or show up and get paid to sit in a chair for 4+ hours.

I started almost a year ago gunning for a driver position, I went to driver school and worked a little in building. I've been told I'm a "reg temp" which is the same as part time (or so I've been told). I was also told I work Tuesday through Saturdays but now I'm being told to "stay available on mondays because I'll be on call for the 5pm-9pm sort". Now I only have 1 day off on Sunday???
Welcome to UPS

NAHimGOOD

Nothing to see here.... Move along.
Do you use heavy or recreational drugs?

Red Devil

The Power of Connected
Every supplement is different but a reg temp is a part-time employee and if he's not driving they can ask him to work inside.

Gotcha. They call them TCDs in New England. Still worth asking the steward although if he’s trying to get in as a driver it’s good not to rock the boat too.

542thruNthru

Sounds like you're a preloader that is qualified to be a temporary cover driver. So when they need you to driver they pull you in. With that said your primary job is preload and they are trying to force you in for a 6th punch on Mondays because the company is short staffed.

You need to talk to a shop steward. Sounds like they are forcing you onto a different shift as well. If a steward is not available call your local and speak with a BA.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
Sounds like you're a preloader that is qualified to be a temporary cover driver. So when they need you to driver they pull you in. With that said your primary job is preload and they are trying to force you in for a 6th punch on Mondays because the company is short staffed.

You need to talk to a shop steward. Sounds like they are forcing you onto a different shift as well. If a steward is not available call your local and speak with a BA.
We don’t have TCD here. I thought 22.4s were supposed to displace TCDs in places that have them?