My UPS turkey...aka, a lesson in procrastination

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by iruhnman630, May 1, 2009.

1. iruhnman630

iruhnman630 Active Member

So Thursday, which was yet another layoff day for me, I found my missing turkey certificate.

'I'll buy it tomorrow, after work' I thought, thinking that today (Friday) was April 30th. So imagine my shock when I signed my DVR today and noticed that the driver had dated it yesterday as April 30th.

Yup, that's right, due to nearly five months plus one extra day of procrastination, my family tradition of over 15 years of eating the previous years' UPS turkey on Thanksgiving will come to an end, as there will be no UPS turkey.

So on the count of three, feel free to join me by pointing and laughing as I let out one huge Homer Simpson inspired D'oh!

Ready?

D'oh!
    :biting::stupid::taz::oops::blushing:

2. dilligaf

dilligaf IN VINO VERITAS

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, wonder where my certificate went too?

3. Baba gounj

Baba gounj pensioner

Used mine two weeks ago, darn the clerk had no idea what it was.

4. Sleeve_meet_Heart

Sleeve_meet_Heart making the unreadable unreadabler

The certificate, or the Turkey that looks like a cornish hen? :happy-very:

5. Ms Spoken

Ms Spoken New Member

I just used my turkey coupon last week and smoked the it on the grill two days ago and it was GOOOOOD.

6. over9five

over9five Moderator Staff Member

Yup, when I used mine, the clerk didn'y know what it was either. Couldn't scan it. Had to call the manager over, but they did honor it!

7. over9five

Don't worry about it, they killed the program anyhow. It's over for all of us!

8. rod

rod retired and happy

I think I just heard a half a milloin turkeys breath a sigh of relief:peaceful:

9. MikeTbob

MikeTbob New Member

They killed the coupon program or the Turkey program?
    In my opinion, the only reason they did this was to save money, they knew 90% of us wouldn't even bother cashing it in for an oversized chicken. If I was corporate, I'd be thinking the coupon program was a smashing success. Next order of business: Convert paychecks to the coupon program. :happy-very:

10. over9five

LOL! If you think about it, this will cause someone a huge problem next year, or already did with the certificate program?
    I suppose the same amount of turkeys will be sold regardless, but not all in one stroke from one vendor.

11. finaddict

finaddict Member

Damn...Mine expired also. I was going to give it away. Really kicking myself in the ass since someone could have really used it.

12. over9five

Yup, too bad. A lot of employees collect them and give them to a shelter.

13. wisedragonfly

wisedragonfly New Member

I can't find my Turkey certificate either... grrrr It's not where I thought I put it. :knockedout:

14. pickup

pickup Well-Known Member

15. helenofcalifornia

helenofcalifornia Well-Known Member

I went to Safeway about a week after Thanksgiving and got THREE turkey's for $15!! Yep, that's right, $5 each. I scored! Who knew turkey's went on sale?

16. Sammie

Sammie Well-Known Member

Used ours a few days before it expired. After a week of hot turkey sandwiches, turkey alfredo and turkey enchiladas, it sure was nice to move on to something else...